No announcement yet.

Blocking a number from calling/SMSing.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocking a number from calling/SMSing.

So, Optus cannot block an individual number from calling & texting me, and the "block" function on my phone is useless - doesn't block SMS, and simply sends their calls to voicemail... where it still allows the caller to leave a message/hear my voicemail message (which I don't want).

Anyone have any suggestions? I really, really don't want to change my number (that I've had for about 10 years), and I always assumed that the telcos could easily block an individual number!
    AKA Lady Jonas

Best plan, don't date mentally unhinged people. Prevention is better than cure

Believe me, I know!
    Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
    One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
    . .

Comment

Originally posted by Shady7/8 View Post
      Best plan, don't date mentally unhinged people. Prevention is better than cure

Believe me, I know!
      Probably the kind of warnings all my ex's have received from their friends about me!

Who says it's an ex situation, sheesh.
      AKA Lady Jonas

Comment

For repetitive weird behaviour: tell them to stop calling or you'll get a restraining order, then take one out.

Comment

Flashing your tits around go wrong?

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by CitizenD View Post
            Not yet, but I'll keep you informed.
            AKA Lady Jonas

Comment

Stalker?

Comment

I could go hit them with a bat?

Comment

what sort of phone is it?
                  Originally posted by polonY
                  Don't worry about shitting people off. Unless you ride a ninja 250 or a cbr250rrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by CitizenD View Post

I never get the same effect when i flash my chest which is constantly.

Maybe all my hair and tattoo's are a turn off to most men :/
                    2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
                    2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
                    2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
                    2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
                    2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
                    2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

HTC One X, I've looked at some Apps but none of them really seem to be able to do everything I want, and the phones "blocking" option, as mentioned, doesn't really block, just sends call to voicemail and still lets texts through.

Lol. It is an ex, I just wondered why it was immediately obvious. It's not really a stalking/harrassment issue so much as he can't seem to accept that it's over and I'm not coming back, and I'm worried about the effects on his mental health by us going round and round in circles. I can go a long time without responding and then I cave, and it all just starts again. I recognise that's my fault not his of course, and I really didn't want it to come to this, but my own mental health is suffering because of this constant stressor, and I need to break the cycle somehow - so this has to be how.
                      AKA Lady Jonas

Comment

You cannot block a number from dialling (or messaging) another number...

Comment

As someone else said.. Misconduct restraining order would sort the issue out if the person is becoming a problem.

Misconduct restraining orders - Misconduct restraining orders - information

***Edit.. May need to be a VRO if he is an ex partner..

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Jonas View Post
                            I'm worried about the effects on his mental health by us going round and round in circles.
                            Fuck his mental health.

An ex is an ex for a reason

Give him a backhand and a stern cya bye. Out with the old......
                            2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
                            2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
                            2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
                            2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
                            2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
                            2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Jonas View Post
                              I can go a long time without responding and then I cave
                              Then stop complaining and stop enabling.

Delete his number, tell him that he's being creepy and you don't want to talk to him. And then don't talk to him.

Easy peasy.

Comment

Working...
                              X