Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The end of Bali as a tourist destination?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bukefal View Post
    money talks, no matter where you are. i doubt that indonesia will turn away millions of stupid tourists' dollars in the name of being true to their even stupider religion.
    There are plenty of anti-booze religious types who go on holidays too.

In fact, pretty sure muslims outnumber christianity by a significant amount.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Even though most of Indonesia is of the Muslim faith, the Balinese are mostly Hindu and allowed to drink alcohol.

Personally I do not think that the consumption of alcohol will be banned in Bali as there is too much of their economy riding on Tourism.

Comment

If they follow through with it I might even go back

A holiday from drinking culture and loud drunks might be quite pleasant compared to the current state of the place as a holiday destination, it would make the search for family friendly hotels and resorts much easier.
        Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Of course it won't happen Internal political/religious posturing.
          I would love that the Balinese did not have to pander to the whims of the worst of Australian holidaymakers however

edit: There seems to be increasing support for this sentiment, I wonder how many dollars end-of-season footy club groups would remove from the economy?

Comment

Too many drunk, rowdy, obnoxious Australians disturbing their way of life perhaps?

Originally posted by JEM View Post
            Even though most of Indonesia is of the Muslim faith, the Balinese are mostly Hindu and allowed to drink alcohol.
            But not eat a scotch fillet.

Some whacked out religions, man.

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuelg View Post
              Worked in the strictest Muslim countries in the world and can still get boozed up with a little effort and a small bride.
              I should think in some countries, there wouldn't be much you couldn't get with a small bride and some ingenuity.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                I should think in some countries, there wouldn't be much you couldn't get with a small bride and some ingenuity.
                Who doesn't love a set of small hands?

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                  There are plenty of anti-booze religious types who go on holidays too.
                  yes, but no one is forcing them to drink. allowing people to choose to drink alcohol serves both drinking and non-drinking tourists.

Originally posted by thro View Post
                  In fact, pretty sure muslims outnumber christianity by a significant amount.
                  overall? wikipedia says no.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                    What I would love to do with a small bride... It would make me feel big for once

Comment

It would kill Bali as a holiday destination and destroy their economy, then it would only be a matter of time before they decide to secede from Indonesian rule, happened in Timor
                      #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                      Originally posted by Phildo
                      Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                      Originally posted by filbert
                      i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                      Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Skut View Post
                        What I would love to do with a small bride... It would make me feel big for once
                        BYO gaffer tape
                        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                        Originally posted by Phildo
                        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                        Originally posted by filbert
                        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

No Booze ey? One Mushroom milkshake please sir.
                          My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Originally posted by Para045 View Post
                            BYO gaffer tape
                            I chose the gentler path of seduction ...
                            and spiking their drinks

Comment

Will I have to wear a Burka? Will anyone see my Bintang t-shirt?

Comment

All for it.

I could go there once a year and get the entire place to myself.

Ripper.
                                One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Working...
                                X