Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The end of Bali as a tourist destination?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skut View Post
    I chose the gentler path of seduction ...
    and spiking their drinks
    Putting the sensual into nonconsensual.

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMeanie View Post
      Will I have to wear a Burka? Will anyone see my Bintang t-shirt?
      New market for Bintang Burka's
      #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
      Originally posted by Phildo
      Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
      Originally posted by filbert
      i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
      Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Redfern View Post
        No Booze ey? One Mushroom milkshake please sir.
        Good on that man.

Seems like the best of both worlds to me.
        Originally posted by Dragunov-21
        If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

Originally posted by Teedo View Post
          Where exactly can you go for $150 return right now?
          There are a couple of places (on special) but it isn't just the flight, its the daily living costs. Flights to Bali are cheap but if you're staying around Kuta the cost of living isn't cheap at all, especially when it comes to accomodation, food, beers/drinks if you're having a few nights out... still works out cheap but longer than 4 days or so and there are plenty of other places that become cheaper.

Comment

I heard a travel agent on the radio the other day being horrified by a caller stating that it was hard to get a drink in Kashmir where he goes for Christmas to stay on a houseboat on a lake and go skiing. "Why would you go if you cant get booze?" was his comment.

Same station regularly questions young peoples drinking habits and our drug based culture?
            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Mr Ahmad, a member of the national parliament’s Commission III overseeing legal affairs, said alcoholic drinks “have a greater negative impact on the nation than positive, and anything negative to the nation is the nation’s enemy”.

Read more: Push to ban alcohol in Indonesia | Ahmad Kurdi Moekri
              '

He's got a point. Some areas of bali are dingy as hell thanks to the whole 'cater for the lowest common denominator'.

Also, the prohibition argument is null. Open everything else up and bali WOULD become a drugs mecca.

Comment

Originally posted by Bukefal View Post
                yes, but no one is forcing them to drink. allowing people to choose to drink alcohol serves both drinking and non-drinking tourists.

My point with that statement was that if bali was a dry place, they'd be more likely to holiday there instead of the aussie bogans.
                “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by CitizenD View Post
                  Too many drunk, rowdy, obnoxious Australians disturbing their way of life perhaps?

But not eat a scotch fillet.

Some whacked out religions, man.
                  Not allowed to eat bacon either

Comment

I think all the bogans would just head to Phukett instead.
                    While I don't go out on the streets running around pissed, I definetly enjoy a drink or 2 by the pool, so that would be a shame.
                    Originally posted by Desmogod
                    Nobody was bagging scooters, they were bagging you.

Comment

Meh. Most people will end up in Sihanoukville (Cambodia) and places alike. Thailand's tourism will increase (but please stay away from Chiang Mai, I like that place).

Perhaps it will be a good thing for both Aussie's and Indo's?

Anyway, fuck the speculation, it will not happen.
                      Don't listen to a word I say, hey, the screams all sound the same!

Comment

when I worked in the middle east the favorite tipple of the goat herders was 7up and aftershave
                        you would come across piles of 7up and after shave bottles out in the middle of the desert, party time

Comment

bali is the biggest overated rubbish dump on earth , kuta is an absolute shithole, I went in 2000 and would never ever go back no matter how cheap it is

Comment

Wow. Isn't that nice?

I'm sure to take your advice.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty Red View Post
                              bali is the biggest overated rubbish dump on earth , kuta is an absolute shithole, I went in 2000 and would never ever go back no matter how cheap it is
                              12 years ago..... It's a lot cleaner than it once was

Comment

and the Sunshine Coast a lot worse. You need to head north to places like Town of 1770 to get a nice, quiet and unspoiled spot
                                For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                                For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Working...
                                X