RIP Gerry Anderson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Gerry Anderson

This man's creations made my childhood so much the better.

Obituary: Gerry Anderson - Telegraph
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Same here. I remember buying the Thunderbird kits. In fact the first one I built was the one he's holding ... the old "Thunderbird 2"
    I'll be riding for you #52, my dear son, Cameron Taylor Elliott 1985-2009
    2008 CBR600RR and 2010 GSXR750 Track Bikes, KTM530EXC Enduro bike wrist breaker

Comment

I'm so old I recall "Torchy"........
      “The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. - W Churchill”

Comment

really sad to hear this , Thunderbirds was my favourite show as a child , absolutely loved that show

Comment

The Andersons were responsible for so much of my TV viewing when I was a kid, I remember Torchy, Twizzle, Fireball XL5 with Tobor the robot, "On our way home", Stingray, and of course Thunderbirds. When I sit in my car with the automatic garage door going up in front of me, it still brings back memories of Thunderbird 2 launching.

Thanks for all the wonderful programs Gerry (RIP)
          Adventure before Dementia

Comment

Ah the memories of getting up at 0550 to make toast and milo and settle in to watch the thunderbirds.

Rest easy Gerry, we miss you
            DO NOT TOUCH - Probably the most unsettling thing to read in braille.

Comment

I can still sing the theme tune from Fireball XL5,

"I wish I was a spaceman, the fastest guy alive,

I'd fly you round the universe in Fireball XL5,

We'll roam the skies together, ...

And who can forget Lady Penelope and Parker, I think I had a prepubescent crush on a puppet.

Wonderful memories .

Comment

He invented a future we unfortunately never saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Old frt View Post
                  I can still sing the theme tune from Fireball XL5,

"I wish I was a spaceman, the fastest guy alive,

I'd fly you round the universe in Fireball XL5,

We'll roam the skies together, ...

And who can forget Lady Penelope and Parker, I think I had a prepubescent crush on a puppet.

Wonderful memories .
                  Features as a karaoke in the film Love, Honour and Obey. I think you'd like it.

Originally posted by Abuse this
                  Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Parker?
                    Yes milady?
                    Go down on me Parker !
                    Yes milady!!!

Comment

Ahh very sad that Gerry has passed.

Now I'll never ever know what F.A.B. stood for...
                      It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

I think my wife and prob only a couple of close mates know this (till now).... but Tracy Island is the main reason I do what I do for a living today. Always want to create a Tracy Island, but if I can't have the Island, then at least to have a Tracy Island approach to the things I create for myself also. Simplistic, minimalist, way cool, functional, a little bit of brag, lotsa gadgets and hidden things to discover.

Sad to see him go to compost, but his creations endure. Thanks Gerry.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Yep. The man entertained me for many years. My earliest memories was Supercar. Without looking the details up I sure he was behind that. Then Fireball XL5, Stingray, Thunderbirds, Joe 90. It was about then I discovered motorcycles and girls so Gerry took a back seat.

RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by truewheel View Post
                            Ahh very sad that Gerry has passed.

Now I'll never ever know what F.A.B. stood for...
                            Fully Acknowledged Broadcast
                            A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.

Dear god, it's some weird bastardized three wheeled two person go-kart.

Comment

Working...
                            X