Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Self Diagnosis Thread for Hypochondriacs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Self Diagnosis Thread for Hypochondriacs.

As a baby boomer, I only seek medical assistance if a limb is hanging off or worse, I have Man Flu.

Not uncommon in my generation, most doctors suggest I stop doing things I enjoy so fuck em.

Google is your friend sometimes but you need to be selective, persevere and you will find a solution that fits in with your lifestyle.

So my question is, when have you self diagnosed and got it slightly wrong?

Water retention....
    Turns out I'm just fat

Comment

I trust my wife, but the doctor tells me I am not fucking retarded...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twigs View Post
        Water retention....
        Turns out I'm just fat
        You were not fat at the MCRC awards night in december...

Ummm, congratulations.

Comment

Had a stomach ache, thought it was food poisoning. After a few days I downgraded it to PMS cramps. After a couple of weeks I noticed it got worse when I drank coffee so I leant towards my lactose intolerance and cut back on milk products.
          A few weeks and I upgraded it to an allergic reaction to coffee- perhaps they changed it? Changed brands.

Over a month later I simply could not handle the pain any more so I finally went to the doctors to ask for some pain killers. Sadly they did not give me the requested pain killers until I was in hospital having emergency surgery- turns out I had an ectopic pregnancy and was very lucky not to be dead.

Finally they brought out the pain killer- pethidine in a needle. At that point I politely refused, said I felt fine, and attempted to go home without the surgery.... those nurses didn't mess around at that stage is all I can say!
          Had the surgery lol
          Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground...

Comment

Originally posted by Old frt View Post
            You were not fat at the MCRC awards night in december...

Ummm, congratulations.
            I guess orange is slimming....

Chaos- that's insane! Glad your ok though

Comment

I use this book:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356785981.905363.jpg

Comment

i diagnosed myself with whiplash and turns out i had cracked 2 vertebrae

i diagnosed myself with carpal tunnel and had a broken wrist

i diagnosed myself with a strained groin muscle and had a fractured hip

i diagnosed myself with bursitis and had a torn rotator cuff and broken collarbone

apparently i have a high pain threshold, i've never had a broken bone diagnosed after the injury they usually find them later when i go in for another injury
                Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Originally posted by Twigs View Post
                  Water retention....
                  Turns out I'm just fat
                  Don't you have all manner of malaise?

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                    Sorry- I don't get what you mean?
                    Are you referring to being generally unwell?

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                      Why the sarcastic vitriol Jim?

It was intended as a light hearted thread with hopefully some funny responses.

Comment

I snapped a tendon in my finger playing basketball, cost about $1,000 to get it fixed and it works perfectly. Snapped the the tendon in the finger next to it and figured a bit of DIY would leave me with some beer money. The kids now call be "the claw".
                        -

Comment

I diagnosed Desmo as a fucking cunt, turns out he's just a regular cunt
                          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Comment

You can actually die from drinking too much water.... it happens to those who take ecstasy. They feel a constant need to drink and will drink too much which floods there body. It's called Hyponatraemia.

Comment

Working...
                              X