NYE Fireworks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYE Fireworks?

Does anyone know of anywhere putting on a fireworks show tonight? TIA.
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Yeah Mandurah. If I remember correctly they have 2 sets. 1 at 9pm for the kids and the other at midnight.
    Last edited by Thunderbird; 31-12-2012, 11:55 AM. Reason: typos
    Win Free stuff on Thunderbird Racing's Facebook Page

Comment

From the Mandurah Council webpage

New Years Eve 2012

Eastern Foreshore
      Monday, 31 December 2012, 6pm – Midnight

Gather the family and friends and bring in the New Year on the beautiful Mandurah foreshore. It’s the perfect setting for a memorable New Year, with a fun family atmosphere, festivities galore and loads of entertainment and live music.

Visit the exciting youth zone, enjoy some local talent and then head over to the silent disco, which is great fun for young and old.

Make your New Year’s celebrations one to remember with impressive fireworks displays at 9pm and midnight to welcome 2013!

For the safety and enjoyment of attendees, Mandurah Terrace between Cooper Street and Pinjarra Road will be closed during the event from 5.00pm – 1.00am.
      Win Free stuff on Thunderbird Racing's Facebook Page

Comment

Cheers. Thanks for that. If I can't find anything closer, I might wander down with the camera.
        "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/documents/Fireworks.pdf

Comment

Great! Thanks akeracat.

Comment

I'm going down with my camera , but not need to goto camera house for a cable release as I heard its needed for fireworks

Comment

I think the most important thing is a tripod, and you could get away with being careful on the shutter release.

Comment

I went to camera house in Mandurah and showed them my camera and they assured me the unit I got from them would work but got home to find it won't , hopefully my tripod is enough.

Comment

What settings are you using on the camera?

Comment

Its a Nikon D60 not sure on the settings I kinda wing it. I've read I should use around f.11

Comment

Did they sell you an infrared remote? If so, have you put the camera on the appropriate setting?

Comment

If you can't get the remote to work, as long as you've got a tripod you could use the timer to avoid any camera shake from pressing the shutter button.

Comment

Its a WiFi one that they said plugs into the shoe but there is no connector on the bottom of it only on the top for a wireless flash. I'll look through the settings for an ir mode

Comment

What's the make/model?

Comment

Working...
                              X