No announcement yet.

New Foxtel Movie Channels - Thoughts???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Foxtel Movie Channels - Thoughts???

Evening All,

Foxtel has unveiled their new Movie Channels, which has caused quite bit of uproar on social media websites.

New channel list is now as follows;

Premiere
    Family
    Action/Adventure
    Comedy
    Drama/Romance
    Thriller/Crime
    Masterpiece

The new service, called Foxtel Movies & Premium Drama, comes in the wake of Foxtel's acquisition of Showtime and its decision to discontinue its contract with the Movie Network.

Quite alot of people (myself included) on Foxtel's Facebook page are asking for an explanation as to why they have to pay the same monthly subscription fee, but have less channels to choose from. Although Foxtel hasn't officially stated their pricing structure will change, it still makes me wonder if i should continue my contract. Not only has Foxtel increased my subscription cost without notice, they seem to always be repeating the same episodes & movies over & over.

Foxtel has only made one statement on their Facebook page, stating IQ members connected to their home network, they can go to the 'Catch-Up Library' to access a number of movies. While some may have this luxury, if subscribers don't have an IQ box or an internet connection, they are unable to access this library.

I personally feel ripped off. You pay alot of money for the service, and due to nil competition now, prospects for another provider cannot happen. a price reduction on the movie package would be mice, but given Foxtel's track record, this looks slim.

I have been contemplating cancelling my subscription for a little while now. Firstly because there is so much repetition of programming. I know every body is not able to watch a program and/or movie at the same time as the next bloke, but for IQ members, you can record it whenever its back on. I'm sure even non-IQ members are able to watch the shows at some point, so i don't see the need to keep on repeating the same episodes over & over again.

Second reason is due to a recent price increase that i wasn't told about. While it was only a small increase, they should be advising customers of this increase.

This new movie channel debacle is almost like the icing on the cake. How can they expect you pay the same subscription cost, when they are deleting channels from your programming.

My question to PSB, do you have a Foxtel subscription, & what are your thoughts??????

I had Foxtel a number of years ago & would never ever get it again for the reasons you state above. If there is a show that I want to watch that is only shown on Foxtel I would prefer to wait and buy it on DVD which works out cheaper anyway in the long run.
    The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Comment

I have foxtel. I bought it purely for the sports channels but have sinced upgraded to the complete package. I think I pay $120ish a month for every channel except HD ones. I havent really looked into the new movie channels but now you have bought it up I will have to take a look.
      Win Free stuff on Thunderbird Racing's Facebook Page

Comment

Foxtel is the poor cousin of a real pay per view network, they have very few subscribers so the programming is cheap and brief. If they could afford decent content and enough to have only single runs of each, the subscription cost would make it out of range for 90% of thier current users. But, it's them or free to air, not really much of a choice.

Comment

The new movie channels are fairly average IMO. Where's my horror channel bitches?

Comment

i wouldnt waste my money on foxtel these days with free to air offering 16 or so channels its not much different to foxtel other than sport
            National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

i have it, mainly because they carry the sports that are not on free-to-air tv (rugby, superbikes, etc).

i noticed yesterday that the movie package has changed, but didn't really see alot of difference. which channels have been deleted?

Comment

I have never and would never pay for Foxtel...

It all sounds great till you see the same stuff over and over...

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
                  I have never and would never pay for Foxtel...

It all sounds great till you see the same stuff over and over...
                  With commercials!!!

Contracts also suck, hate that, iiNet Fetch TV might be the G.O for me.

Comment

Had it, cancelled it in November. As you say, same old shit, day after day, only movie channel I watched was Showtime, so even happier i got rid of it now. was cosidering getting it back, but just basic package and sports when the superbikes start again, but more than likely just find a bike friendly pub and go watch it there. Its bloody expensive for very little content. Fuck you Foxtel!

Comment

Originally posted by bkm2009 View Post
                      Not only has Foxtel increased my subscription cost without notice, they seem to always be repeating the same episodes & movies over & over.
                      So not much has changed in the six or so years since I cancelled my contract then.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean'o View Post
                        Had it, cancelled it in November. As you say, same old shit, day after day, only movie channel I watched was Showtime, so even happier i got rid of it now. was cosidering getting it back, but just basic package and sports when the superbikes start again, but more than likely just find a bike friendly pub and go watch it there. Its bloody expensive for very little content. Fuck you Foxtel!
                        Except you won't find a pub that televises Isle Of Mann, Irish Road Racing Series, AMA, BSB etc. And even if you did, it would cost me a hell of a lot more than my monthly subscription to sit in a pub and watch them

Comment

Originally posted by Rat750 View Post
                          Except you won't find a pub that televises Isle Of Mann, Irish Road Racing Series, AMA, BSB etc. And even if you did, it would cost me a hell of a lot more than my monthly subscription to sit in a pub and watch them
                          Cant you pay to watch these online or on your Smart TV?

Like MotoGP, I havent tried it yet on my TV but if it works then subscribe for a year, see it all + more.

Comment

I have movies but tbh I dont watch them much, mostly watch all the doco channels (there's some fantastic, really interesting stuff on those), Fox 8 and comedy, absolutely these....
                            Originally posted by Rat750 View Post
                            Isle Of Mann, Irish Road Racing Series, AMA, BSB etc.
                            and some sci-fi channel.

Commercial TV while free just kills me. Foxtel can get repetitive during a season but the trick is to expand your horizons and watch shows that you haven't seen or heard of before, don't just stick generally with your favourites. My IQ is about 90% full of stuff that I still have to watch.

I'd like to see the IQ work better, especially the search function. Plus I'd like to see Season# & Episode# in the description of every seasonal programme, not just some like it is atm.

Comment

had foxtel a few years back... most of the time just watch Discovery, Hat Geo, History and Bio.... movie channels were meh, while the TV series were not really into it then... plus the ads were getting long between shows (apparently they now have ads during movies?)

thought I save some money and cancelled my subscriptions instead...
                              "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Working...
                              X