Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insomniacs

Hi All,

This may sound a little strange, but who else is awake at this god-for-saken time of night?

I have somehow managed to become quite the insomniac lately, I have only had about 4 hours sleep in the last 3 days, and not sure why.

Re: Insomniacs

*raises hand* cept I'm working.
    I bought some melatonin from the US to help with shift changeover and insomnia. Worked awesome.

Comment

sorry to hear that your stuck behind the desk because you have to.

Comment

working, well awake and ready to work but not needed so just waiting which is more tiring that working.

but bkm, you need to sort out the insomnia before it begins to mess with you too badly. most importantly don't ride tired!

Comment

It has only been this week that i have not been sleeping. Before the Christmas break i had no issues, was getting 7-8 hours a night.

Apart from actually going to work, i haven't changed any of my usual routine. Every morning i go for a 3k run, and being home with a 3 year old, she keeps me on my toes throughout the day.

This week however, slowly buy surely, the sleep hours are reducing. Last night i had 2 hours sleep, today about a 30 minute nanna nap.

I only have coffee in the morning, and another around 10-10:30, but that never changed from the regular working days, so i dont think its the caffeine keeping me awake.

Comment

Once you get back in here to work you'll start to sleep again.

Comment

I've been on nightshift for the last few years, so I'm almost always awake until 6am, and then sleep during the day.

Did have a problem not to long ago though where if I did go to sleep anytime before 4am though, I'd be awake at 6am and not be able to fall asleep.

Comment

when i first started shift work i had heaps of trouble sleeping, after a few weeks of tamazepam to help me sleep i was fine, it could also have something to do with how warm it is at night atm. try and sleep in a cool place and switch off.
                for passing your r-e test see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-thread-57420/
                for passing your R class test see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-thread-97314/
                for passing your intermediate excel training coarse see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...course-163460/

Comment

I'm regularly awake at around 1:30-2am weeknights.

Haven't been able to sleep lately, too much shit going on in my life at the moment.

Averaging 5-6 hours per night.
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Re: Insomniacs

Seriously mfers, get yourselves some melatonin. No the homeopathic shite they sell here with the crystals and merkins.
                    Get it from the US. Don't worry its not illegal and costs about 6 bux Australian (10 for postage).
                    Dose about 1 - 3 mgs about an hour before bed.
                    Only side effect is the very few may be a bit cloudy on waking and vivid dreaming.

Comment

Working...
                    X