Australia Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia Day

Well Australia Day is almost here and only being new to Perth I was wondering what sort of events are on around the place. I know the skyshow is on but I thought what better people to ask than locals.

Track Day at Barbagello. That's where I'll be But there are a few other non-bike related things going on too, mostly round the CBD I guess.
    I've got a Blade, I'm not afraid...

CBR1000RR - 171HP|114Nm|Yoshi CF Slipon WRX STI - 266HP|399Nm|Ultrex 3"TBE|PW CAI

Comment

Usually the foreshore is the place to be.. Haven't gone in a while but used to be pretty good back in 09/10.. Anyone know if you're still allowed to drink at the foreshore?

Comment

Originally posted by manyak View Post
        Anyone know if you're still allowed to drink at the foreshore?
        God I hope so...always makes for a better news cast the next day.
        Fuck the Sky-show!! Biggest yobbo, knob-fest ever. However, it does draw the crowds which makes anywhere else you go that much more pleasant.
        All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
        #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
        Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

BYO Picnic Zones | Australia Day Skyworks - City of Perth

There is a spot we found the other year with no lighting and very few people and a huge grassed area. Will probably pushy ride down there again this year. Only a twenty minute ride from our place.
          They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Australia Day

Fuck goin to the foreshore, will b at home in the spa, heap of mates around, home made slippery slide and triple J hottest 100 cranked on the stereo. Then while pissed will attempt to climb up on the roof and watch the skyworks.
            B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Originally posted by MrMike View Post
              Fuck goin to the foreshore, will b at home in the spa, heap of mates around, home made slippery slide and triple J hottest 100 cranked on the stereo. Then while pissed will attempt to climb up on the roof and watch the skyworks.
              Address or it doesn't count..

Comment

Maybe the 96fm skyworks over the ocean at Freo?

Comment

you should do the skyshow at least once in your life so you can say "I will never ever go back to it again" every year

I did not mind the fireworks, but trying to get a parking, dealing with crowds of drunken yobbos, fights, getting stuck in traffic trying to get out of the city..... yeah... good fun...
                  "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Australia Day

Haha by the sounds of it the sky show is not the place to go. I have been once before when I was about 10 and in Perth for holidays

Comment

Foreshore is balls.

BBQ, alcohol, kiddie pool, JJJ hottest 100.

Avoid the dickheads altogether.

Comment

Australia Day

Might have to make the most of the pool at the caravan park lol

Comment

Originally posted by manyak View Post
                          Usually the foreshore is the place to be.. Haven't gone in a while but used to be pretty good back in 09/10.. Anyone know if you're still allowed to drink at the foreshore?
                          might even get lucky, see a bit of ol' fashioned bogan biffo.

alas I'm the lucky sod who gets to work all day. mmm double loading

Comment

Straya day

Wear an Aussie flag as a cape, drink beer, eat red meat, and tell anyone who isn't white to "fuck off we're full".

That's how it's done.

Comment

I noticed the city side is a little better in terms of crowd behaviors... I lived on the south Perth side since '96 - '05... every Aust day we would get people parking right up to our drive ways blocking our car, thefts, break ins around the area, vandalism, broken glasses and bottles, fights and cops....
                              "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Working...
                              X