Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perth Photographers....what's your day rate???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perth Photographers....what's your day rate???

Curious to know what the local pros charge, anyone have any info?
    Cheers

To take photos of what exactly?

Probably need more info for anyone to be able to give an informative answer.

Comment

What kind of photography, is it local etc?
      Originally posted by CBRsairz
      assume nothing Macca, I've totally been cockblocked before :spiteful:

Comment

On a local location, simple, no models, 1 camera, maybe 1 studio light. Couple of pack shots and one landscape.
        I thought most people have a day rate regardles and + the expenses of the shoot like kit hire, travel etc etc no?

Comment

Mention the word "wedding" and you'll need add an extra zero and shift the decimal point.
          Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

My phones got an 8mp camera and I can download Instagram if you like.

I'll do it for a carton.
            Don't listen to a word I say, hey, the screams all sound the same!

Comment

Originally posted by Petro(v) View Post
              My phones got an 8mp camera and I can download Instagram if you like.

I'll do it for a carton.
              Pah, anyone knows a 12mp phone is the minimum now

Comment

Are you wanting to use these for commercial purposes? Things like that change it
                Originally posted by CBRsairz
                assume nothing Macca, I've totally been cockblocked before :spiteful:

Comment

You'll get varied rates depending on who you ask to quote.

There are alot of people now with DSLR's who market themselves on gumtree/facebook and will do $50/hour or less. A pro might charge you $500 for those couple of hours.

Are you wanting family photos? Whats a pack shot?

My average rate for a shoot like that is around $200. Approx 1/1.5 hours on site and same amount of time processing. Includes a USB with all high res shots.

*I am by no means pro*

My website is below though so If you are looking for services...feel free to have a look and flick an email

Comment

^WVS

I have fixed at $200ph for the past few years, that's for unedited digital files (apart from basic exposure/colour if required) and that's been good enough for Woolworths, GE, CASE, Emerits and a few local business as well for small product work. Do your pack-shots require specific lighting or props? You need to have a very clear brief if you want good results. preferably sample shots demonstrating how you want them to look.

Throwing a "landscape" shot into the mix adds another layer to factor in as it will have to be shot at a specific time of day to look anything but shite (although a bunch of multiple exposures can be kludged togther HDR style) and is weather dependant.

Curious: are you inquiring for work you need done, or work you are planning to take on..... ?

Comment

Working...
                    X