Thanks news media, you're awesome.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks news media, you're awesome.

How is it that the media can justify publishing stories like this, without knowing details of the incident or victim?

There are all of about 5 families that live in that area, and everyone in the nearby community knows them well.

ABC radio goes ahead and spits out that there has been accident in the area first thing in the morning and by midday everyone in the community, (as well as extended family and friends) is stressed out and phones are off the hook.

Why couldn't they wait a few hours, half a day even, before just blatting out that there has been accident? Might give people in the area a chance to comes to terms with the incident before everyone starts calling them and worrying.

I swear journalists are the dumbest fucks around.

I've contacted people in the area to confirm who it was - as I have family and friends in the area- and have since found out. Still trying to get in touch with the old man to let him know who it was, as he was the one who called me and let me know about the accident in the first place.

This is different to say an accident 'on the freeway', as thousands of people use that every day. This was an accident on a gravel road used by only a handful of farmers, so it really does narrow it down, surely the media can understand that.

I guess a few lines on their website, and 5 seconds on the radio is more important than the victims family and friends.

Man dies in quad bike crash north of Perth - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

years ago a major incident happened on the Nullarbor , a few people died.
    I was part of the crew , journalists where calling us at the road house as we where trying to get our heads around what just happened.
    We all declined to speak with anyone, then they obviously had done a little research (congratulations I say ) and proceeded to call us pretending to be family members.
    That kind of blew me away, hatless parasites.

Not all are this low, but enough to disgust me.

RIP
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )

Comment

Thanks news media, you're awesome.

Originally posted by shan View Post
      years ago a major incident happened on the Nullarbor , a few people died.
      I was part of the crew , journalists where calling us at the road house as we where trying to get our heads around what just happened.
      We all declined to speak with anyone, then they obviously had done a little research (congratulations I say ) and proceeded to call us pretending to be family members.
      That kind of blew me away, hatless parasites.

Not all are this low, but enough to disgust me.

RIP
      How long ago? this wouldn't be the cherry picker incident would it?

Unfortunate case of "if it bleeds, it leads". The continual pressure of news outlets to be the first to report have led to fact checking coming a poor second to baseless, inaccurate and completely insensitive news articles.
      Originally posted by Lefty
      Leave the OP alone, he's worried about all those extra CCs getting caught up in his fucking dress.

Comment

*edited* post possibly inappropriate.

RIP to the poor bugger
        Last edited by Nine; 11-01-2013, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie09 View Post
          How long ago? this wouldn't be the cherry picker incident would it?

Unfortunate case of "if it bleeds, it leads". The continual pressure of news outlets to be the first to report have led to fact checking coming a poor second to baseless, inaccurate and completely insensitive news articles.
          Many years ago, in the days before the Internet, 4 dead, a few injured .
          was not a very good day
          REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
          (anarchy in english )

Comment

Working...
          X