Northbridge?
      Hello

Comment

Cage fighting ban

Originally posted by Sentient View Post
        So what's the proposed alternative?
        Standard boxing ring.

Comment

It's ok if it's in a boxing ring which I think is more dangerous than a cage
          PSN- DOOOM666

Comment

Re: Cage fighting ban

That's a shot idea. Wtf. What's the issue with the cage, it's got chicken wire and it's too padded?

Comment

It's just ignorance. "Cage fighting" sounds bad, so let's ban it. But they can do exactly the same thing in a boxing ring because that's been done for ages. Laws being made by people who don't understand or care enough to learn. What a great system!

Comment

Wow that's BS, I don't even like cage fighting but it's amazing that they can ban a sport that a lot of people do just like that, because they fucking feel like it. It's not like the two people are forced in the cage, they both want to do it. Freedom is getting pretty undervalued these days huh?

Comment

My son and a lot of my friends are professional cage fighters and most have moved away from WA, as most MMA fights here are held in a boxing ring anyway!
                  Any chance of a UFC fight being held in Perth has just been killed off!
                  Once again people who have no idea about the sport are allowed to make decisions that effect dedicated fighters and take away their lively hood, forcing them to move away from family and friends to pursue a career in their chosen sport!
                  Maybe we should ban players from making contact with other players when playing football! as they have more injuries.
                  The truth is Ballet dancers get a lot of injuries, about the same as football players. Lets see them try banning that!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyR View Post
                    It's just ignorance. "Cage fighting" sounds bad, so let's ban it. But they can do exactly the same thing in a boxing ring because that's been done for ages. Laws being made by people who don't understand or care enough to learn. What a great system!
                    Boxing is worse IMO
                    In a cage fight as soon as you are not defending yourself, game over.
                    Boxing you get 10 seconds to recoupe, thats the bigest differance,
                    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                    (anarchy in english )

Comment

Re: Cage fighting ban

Most mma gyms in Perth have their own cages so I'm assuming there will be more gym based matches after march. Call it sparring.

Comment

Activists have called for free-range matches only.

Comment

This is what happens when the general population is apathetic and allows the politicians to rule rather than govern in their best interests. It's the fault of all of us, as soon as we started to accept the reversal of the burden of proof, mandatory sentencing, and the right of the state to arbitrarily confiscate the property of the citizens. Give them an inch, and they'll take a mile.
                          "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

It's not banned, people are misreading this.

It just says it can't be in a 'cage' (a la the octagon from UFC and Strikeforce). But, PRIDE and Dream (Japanese-based MMA competitions and events) are all fought in boxing rings.

That said, cages are still safer in my opinion.

Comment

Cage fighting ban

Well, they have banned the use of a cage, ergo, it is no longer cage fighting.

Comment

Working...
                              X