Bomb Threat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomb Threat

Has anyone had one called in where you work? I'm curious how other companies handle them?

We had one yesturday and sat around outside for about 30 minutes before management made and executive decision and put on a tab at the pub across the road. By the time the cops had searched the place it was time to go home.Cant say that i can complain about that
    My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
    Motorcycle Panel & Paint
    Q-Zar Fremantle
    Rated-R Parts
    PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
    Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
    CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
    Carpet Liquidators - Midland

noice

Just don't do it too often, they might realise eventually.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

This was Coventrys in Morley right?
      Had a couple of guys come through my work yesterday and mention it.
      They got paid to sit around, then got paid time and a half for a bit, and apparently a little bit of double time.

Gonna call another one in next week

Comment

We have a 12 page manual that sits on our desks next to our phones along the lines of what to do if anything happens.

Bomb Threats are:
        1) Dont hang the handset up at the end of the threatening call.
        2) Notify Line Manager Call has been recieved
        3) Manager will notify Police and General Manager
        4) Evacuate

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, we had a bomb threat called into my school a few years ago.

Classes went on as normal, and you could see the cops and other people combing through bags outside.

Comment

This was Coventrys in Morley right?
            Had a couple of guys come through my work yesterday and mention it.
            They got paid to sit around, then got paid time and a half for a bit, and apparently a little bit of double time.

Gonna call another one in next week [/b]
            You got it, you could imagine how long it would take to search the warehouse.
            My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
            Motorcycle Panel & Paint
            Q-Zar Fremantle
            Rated-R Parts
            PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
            Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
            CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
            Carpet Liquidators - Midland

Comment

You got it, you could imagine how long it would take to search the warehouse.
              [/b]
              Bomb tread?
              Just had a HUGE explosion that scared the living daylights out of all of us inside the lab.
              Some rocks landed on my vehicle's roof!
              Our daily blasting session, sometimes you do not even notice, this time the world nearly evaporated.
              No pub so no tab, just more dust

Comment

I've had a bomb threat to the building I worked at late last year. Some whacko wasn't happy with the Home building society one floor below us. The day before we had a UPS catch on fire, which means we had to have a fire drill the next day (yeah, seems kinda too late if you ask me). So, after the drill in the morning, we we kinda suprised about the real deal in the arvo.

We all evacuated onto St Georges terrace and milled around for 10 minutes until the cops ushered us down to the park. This was about 4:00 so everybody just left for home. Nobody really cared, even with me running through the crowd screaming "We're all gonna die".

Comment

we had a bomb threat at my old job, management decided noone needed to know and made us all work through it!

Theyd even been given an exact time as to when it was going to 'blow'

Obviously management was light on that day coz they all buggered off and left us to it!

Comment

Yes Western Power received a bomb threat, everyone was evacuated and being a government organisation there certainly was no rush in getting back to work.
                    ODB's Car

Comment

Bomb Thread..........oh yes, regularly
                      I have been evacuated several times and pending on how serious it is taken it can take up to 4 or 5 hours before they declare it safe to return. At some point we stood in the rain for two hours

I guess some people get pissed off after loosing their money
                      Love the legend, Kawasaki Z 900/ Z 1000, the Mother of all Big Kawas!
                      sigpic
                      2007 ZRX 1200R
                      1977 Z 1000 A1
                      http://www.bikepics.com/members/cruelcheffy/

Comment

yeah had quite a few evactuations lately had a bomb one a while back most rescent had amonia on the production floor and then chlorine gas and fire drill. which is all good fun coz we just go to other side of the factory and eat food and drink. but takes a long time to search the place and clean everything up being coke is not a small factory. but no going home damn 12 hour shifts they always gotta keep ya there managment basic thought if i gotta be here so do u
                        the one time got to go home was when we had those big fires last year we couldnt see anything and there was ash everywhere which aint good when ur trying to fill cans with coke
                        Dont Fight with utes while on your bike it hurts

Comment

we take bomb threats pretty seriously at my work. Had one incident a few years back where a disgruntled customer placed a device in the building. Only their poor concept of physics and choice of location to plant it stopped it from going off.

with more than 3,000 people in the one building and a lot of high risk companies occupying them, any threat is taken very seriously.
                          my pics

Comment

we had a bomb threat at my old job, management decided noone needed to know and made us all work through it!

[/b]
                            funny, thats what they did at my work. they closed off the section of the store where it was meant to be, and I was told to stand in front of the entrance to the area and explain the situation to people. After about half an hour a manager came and asked me "you haven't been telling people we've had a bomb threat called in have you"
                            "um....no...."
                            lol
                            the cops had a bit of a look around but that is. business as usual, hushed it up completely (lol, just forgot to tell me...)

No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Working...
                            X