Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banned from driving for life. A bit harsh?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned from driving for life. A bit harsh?

Is this a bit harsh considering his age and the possibility of him one day seeing the error of his ways? In my experience with a couple members, ROE refers to their brain cells.

Edit: didn't realise banned for life isn't actually life.

Hoon caught on camera banned from driving for life | Perth Now

Running on Empty car club member David Lloyd Coxe, 29, of Ellenbrook, initially pleaded not guilty to a range of charges after he was filmed doing a burnout in a Forrestdale car park in the early hours of January 22 last year.

The burnout was filmed by onlookers and formed part of the police case against him.

But on what was supposed to be the first day of his trial, Coxe pleaded guilty to the three charges levelled against in the Armadale Magistrates Court this morning.

The charges were reckless driving, driving contrary to the conditions of an extraordinary licence and failing to ensure a passenger aged over 16 wore a seatbelt.

Coxe was fined $1100, received a life driving ban and copped an eight month jail term which was suspended for 12 months.

He was also ordered to pay $66 in court costs.

Footage of the burnout has been released today by police.

The 29-seconds footage shows Coxe doing a burnout in his high powered car in a carpark as dozens of people watch on and cheer.

A person can be clearly seen leaning out of the front passenger window as the burnout is being done.

The Running on Empty car club came to police attention in February last year after a series of videos attributed to the group were uploaded to YouTube.

One such video showed a car colliding into a large crowd of people as it performed a burnout.

Two men received minor injuries in the incident.
    Last edited by Speed Dealer; 15-01-2013, 08:20 AM.

For Life - Bit over the top.....

Probably wont stop him from driving...

Comment

Don't forget, the government now has the power and the citizens must obey it. It used to be the other way around, but we lost that gradually over the last 20 years or so. The old saying about the thin end of the wedge has never been as true as it is now in Western Australia.
      "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

Re: Banned from driving for life. A bit harsh?

People get less driving bans for killing people.
        You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

WHat you don't see his list of priors.

after sitting in court a few times and listening to people goin for extra ordinary licences, you would be amazed at how many convictions people get aqnd how many bans they have in place. they say his licence was already suspended, what they don't say is how many times he has been caught while suspended. It may be once, it may be 10 times.

A life ban is 7 years BTW
          Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

I believe he can apply for re-licencing after 10 years.
            Does seem harsh, but he is a repeat offender that has flouted the law. Again.

S.
            Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Oh so a life ban is not a life ban???

If I couldnt drive/ride I would just move interstate or overseas, just couldnt do it.

RR
              http://www.cleanride.com.au - https://www.facebook.com/cleanridedetailingstudio/ - https://twitter.com/CleanRideAD - https://www.instagram.com/clean_ride_aus/

Comment

Life ban seems a bit harsh and also means he probably will break the ban and then what .. do time in jail for a burnout ???

Comment

As Arwon said...

Pretty sure a life driving ban is 7 years then you apply for it again...

Comment

Originally posted by jules_1972 View Post

Burnouts on e plates?

Sounds like a bit of a douche to me. At 29, should know better.

Not saying I'm an angel on the road, but fuck dude....

He already lost his license. Got given the right to drive while under suspension for work or whatever, and then does this shit. Sounds like he needs something strong to wake the fuck up.
                    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer. View Post
                      Obviously driving is a privilege, not a right
                      I tend to disagree there. It is a right for me to be able to transport myself and family. Once it's a privilege then all hope really has been lost.
                      Having said that, he was on E plates so fuck him.

Comment

I know the bloke from car cruises in the past and he is a dead set idiot.

Does not deserve a license ever ! full stop ! Also the way he talks to people its no wonder someone leaked the video.

This is the kind of bloke that will injure you on your motorcycle and i have no sympathy. i mean come on you got granted another life with being given you E class license and you do this shit ? what a legend.
                        2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
                        2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
                        2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
                        2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
                        2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
                        2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                          He already lost his license. Got given the right to drive while under suspension for work or whatever, and then does this shit. Sounds like he needs something strong to wake the fuck up.
                          ^.

And i hate the way that the gubmint deal with traffic enforcement, but this mong's just making it worse for everyone else.

I'm sure when he's 55, seen the error of his ways, opened up an orphanage and a trauma unit, if he writes a nice letter to someone he might get it back.

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                            Burnouts on e plates?

Sounds like a bit of a douche to me. At 29, should know better.

Not saying I'm an angel on the road, but fuck dude....

You're forgetting how painfully stupid the average person is.

Comment

Originally posted by jules_1972 View Post

Probably setting an example, and by the sounds of his priors the magistrate is probably sick of seeing him in court.

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
                              As Arwon said...

Pretty sure a life driving ban is 7 years then you apply for it again...
                              Seven news last night said it was life, as in never, and can apply after 10 years.

Wonder how long it will be until we see him on the news again after getting caught driving without a license?
                              Originally posted by vk6hgr
                              My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Working...
                              X