Mosquito Bites...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosquito Bites...

Does anyone have any remedies to stop the incessant itching from mozzy bites? I'm covered in the little bastards bites, specially my ankles. Wearin bike boots is irritating the bites & driving me nuts !! :mellow:

You only live once, but live right and once is enough......

Re: Mosquito Bites...

Rub mustard on the bites.

Comment

Step 0: don't get bitten in the first place. FWIW, Ross River virus is a significant risk in Perth.
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Thread is relevant to my interest, mozzies love me and I come up in when the bastards bite me!

Comment

My nephew is allergic and my sister uses a zapper on his bites to stop them swelling or itching...

http://www.globalstarservices.com.au/zapit.htm

It's a little piezo spark like a bbq lighter YMMV do your own research I an in no way affiliated with the manufacturer or responsible for any adverse side effects such as twitching or combustion if it sets your perfume alight.

Seriously though it seems to help
          Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Self control.

Or calamine lotion.
            FEADCinc, PSB?

Comment

can find them in most Oriental stores that I have looked before....

worked well since I was a kid living in the tropics
              "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Mosquito Bites...

Sounds stupid but rubbing an onion on the bite helps ( stinks abit ) something to do with the sulphur
                “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
                So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
                –Mark Twain

Comment

Ice then Bepanthen. You've just screwed my theory that they don't like rare blood types. Myself and Thing 2 get eaten alive, we're O. Thing 1 hardly ever gets bitten, she's A rhesus negative.
                  The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Comment

Haha I was about to post the exact same thread! Hooray for someone else doing the hard work. I've always wondered if levels of white & red blood cells has anything to do with it? (Edit: curious because I have low neutrophils) They absolutely adore me, always have, and I seem to have some type of allergic type reaction to them (and most other "itching" bug bites) where I get huge welts, even if I don't scratch. Fucking sucks and I'm worried because my new house is 3 houses and 1 road across from a water feature... ugh, I hope to god it's moving water and not stagnant, if so I'll be totally fucked.

FWIW bug guard (any type - I've tried a tonne of them!) doesn't seem to work on me and I've been bitten through skintight clothing before too.
                    AKA Lady Jonas

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                      Step 0: don't get bitten in the first place. FWIW, Ross River virus is a significant risk in Perth.
                      Best defense against mossies is have a pale pom next to you

Comment

Vitamin B tabs.. Use as directed--Will reduce symtomatic swelling..
                        deterrent-- cheap antiseptic.. (dettol-et al) mix with baby oil---50/50--- don't video.....unless you must!
                        use liberally---note: works on midgies too--reduces inflamation from sunburn--
                        at worst get a mate to give you some aloe... garden fresh is best.....
                        hope this helps.....
                        " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Mosquito Bites...

Originally posted by rharris View Post
                          Best defense against mossies is have a pale pom next to you
                          Dammit! I am that pale pom

Comment

bananas... they love people who eat bananas, its something to do with potassium they love the stuff. a mate gets bitten all the time ( he eats a lot of bananas) yet i dont get bitten (i cant stand bananas, not even the smell)

Comment

damn, this isn't the ittybittytitty thread I thought it was.
                              Originally posted by Abuse this
                              Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X