Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you like to sound like a pretentious wanker?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you like to sound like a pretentious wanker?

Just visit the Postmodernism Generator: The Postmodernism Generator » Communications From Elsewhere

You'll get a different passage generated each time. I particularly liked this bit in mine:

“Society is meaningless,” says Foucault; however, according to de Selby, it is not so much society that is meaningless, but rather the collapse, and eventually the fatal flaw, of society. Lacan’s essay on neotextual sublimation suggests that the law is capable of significance. However, the primary theme of Parry’s critique of Lyotardist narrative is the collapse, and some would say the defining characteristic, of capitalist sexuality.
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Please!
    I'm still struggling through "Run Spot, Run"

Comment

Gonna finish that "Dick and Dora" book one of these days...
      One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

I think we may now have to be suspicious of many posts over the next few weeks! Because cultural neocapitalist theory suggests that consensus comes from communication. However, Lyotard promotes the use of the capitalist paradigm of expression to deconstruct sexism.

So there!
        Last edited by Skut; 17-01-2013, 09:59 AM.

Comment

But the premise of dialectic theory suggests that consciousness serves to reinforce sexism. If the textual paradigm of discourse holds, the works of Gibson are not postmodern.
          Am I a wanker yet
          Straight roads are for fast bikes - corners are for fast riders!

Comment

Not just pretentious but extremely boring too!

Comment

Do we get icecream at playtime
              I like icecream
              REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
              (anarchy in english )

Comment

Working...
              X