Couple of days away with the Kids

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of days away with the Kids

For those that are into camping/shooting etc.
    After the hurdle that is Firearms licencing here in WA, a few months wait, and various paperwork, I
    took the 3 kids down south for a couple of nights shooting and generally just getting away from it all.
    Had a ball, and plan to head down there again soon.
    Spent the nights in the shearing shed, other than the holes in the roof which were quickly revealed by the rain,
    it was pretty comfortable, other than having to butter our bread with a skinning knife due to forgetting a few
    bits n pieces lol
    002-2.jpg
    010-10.jpg
    003-1.jpg
    Vote 1 Shooters and Fishers party.

Looks like the beginnings of a cult. Are the rabbits you shoot worth eating? I've always found the Aussie bush rabbits too thin, due to how little food is out there.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
      Looks like the beginnings of a cult. Are the rabbits you shoot worth eating? I've always found the Aussie bush rabbits too thin, due to how little food is out there.
      I shot a rabbit with a 308 once......def wasn't worth eating after that....skinny little fucker.

Comment

Nah theyre not worth eating, although its only a 223, it does make a hell of a mess of them. I dont like to waste them so they came home for the dogs.

Comment

Couple of days away with the Kids

Awsome, ive eaten some rabbit id shot in the past but yup, once theyre skinned theres nothing on them. Very Golem like

Comment

the rabbits around here are quite chubby, i use .22lr if anything will be eating them
            Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              the rabbits around here are quite chubby, i use .22lr if anything will be eating them
              Dad absolutely obliterated a couple one time with the .22 Hornet. Again, barely even any good to feed the dogs
              That bitch took my dollar...

Comment

Re: Couple of days away with the Kids

I have taken quite a few rabbit with a bow out near Meckering and considering its like a wasteland out there, they were big bunnies.
                I have access to 400 acres riddled with vermin. Haven't been in a couple of years but used to camp there often.
                Bows a little quieter than the rifles too.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  I could have a field day (or I should say night) if I could take a .22 to work, fucking hundreds of rabbits at the prison and they are getting fatter all the time as there are no predators Keep getting more as well as they are breeding like rabbits
                  Wouldn't even need a rifle, a .22 pistol would do as you can walk within ~3-4m of them
                  #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                  Originally posted by Phildo
                  Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                  Originally posted by filbert
                  i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                  Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Para045 View Post
                    I could have a field day (or I should say night) if I could take a .22 to work, fucking hundreds of rabbits at the prison and they are getting fatter all the time as there are no predators Keep getting more as well as they are breeding like rabbits
                    Wouldn't even need a rifle, a .22 pistol would do as you can walk within ~3-4m of them
                    Would you be allowed to set traps there?

Comment

relocation traps

relocate them to cages and fatten them up
                      Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Seem strange you don't have any "Predators" at a Prison. I would have thought it might be full of them???

I used to work at the Immigration Centre in Port Hedland as a young bloke. We weren't allowed to keep the Fire-arms on site (they had to be locked up at the local Police station) but we had several hundred rounds of .38 P+P stored in the Onsite safe. The local Police weren't allowed onsite unless invited in by us (even in persuit of a offender....Prohibited Commonwealth Land and even then, No Fire-arms). :o

Little did most people realise that the Local Ranger had a .22LR and 12 Gauge Shotgun under the seat of his car, every time he came in to collect stray cats...lol
                        Last edited by Amish Warrior; 21-01-2013, 07:36 PM. Reason: spelling
                        Rules are for the Obedience of Fools and the Guidance of Wise men. Douglas Bader.

Only two things are Infinite, the Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein.

Three can keep a Secret, if Two of them are Dead. Benjamin Franklin.

Comment

Originally posted by Mufasa View Post
                          Would you be allowed to set traps there?

Just say that you're beefing up the security

Anything over .22lr is serious overkill for a rabbit. As a kid I had clean kangaroo kills with a scoped .22 and hollow-points, then one weekend with a .222 turned it into a bloodbath with me riding in the back of a ute covered in brains and guts. Not saying messy is bad but it certainly brings home the destructive power of a high-velocity round no matter where it hits.

Comment

Originally posted by Amish Warrior View Post
                            Seem strange you don't have any "Predators" at a Prison. I would have thought it might be full of them???
                            Ha ha plenty of "predators" just not that have rabbits as prey No firearms allowed at all, even cops can't bring them in (or tasers, batons etc), they need to stay in a safe at the front gate
                            #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                            Originally posted by Phildo
                            Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                            Originally posted by filbert
                            i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                            Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Ha ha plenty of "predators" just not that have rabbits as prey No firearms allowed at all, even cops can't bring them in (or tasers, batons etc), they need to stay in a safe at the front gate
                              Which prison? I used to do all the "graduate" photos for Acacia pre and post Serco. I will never forget a photo they wanted me to edit for a visa application - a gentle looking old man, like your favourite uncle - happened to have murdered a girl by the name of Sharon Mason.

Comment

Working...
                              X