Car-Jacking: The shape of things to come

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car-Jacking: The shape of things to come

As readers of this forum would know - I love a good car-jacking story.

Mainly because I can't imagine how angry I would be if anybody ever did this to my partner & children.

Here's an example that seems to have just slipped under the radar.

Carjacking at fake roadblock in Bentley | Perth Now

They barricaded the road - then stole the car.

They set up a road block.

Call me crazy - but isn't this this kind of shit you'd expect in a Mad Max movie?

What would you do when faced with a 'dodgy' looking blockade? I say drive right through the fucker.
    Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
    Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

But remember the new rules. Do a runner and get 5 years!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMeanie View Post
      But remember the new rules. Do a runner and get 5 years!
      Okay - seems 'dodgy looking barricade' should be a legal defence.

Comment

Re: Car-Jacking: The shape of things to come

Sorry mate everyone's too busy winging about juiced up cyclists to notice.

Comment

iirc there has been several carjackings around the vic park bentley area in the last couple of years.

its a problem, if the car jackers want to get cunning they can easily steal road works shit cones flashers hi vis.. unless you want to start running down every road worker who approaches your vehicle whats a person to do?

its an unsurprising outcome from making cars harder to steal. if criminals want a stolen car they have to resort to home invasions to get the keys or car jackings.

its not until they attempt to force their way into the car you can run them down. therefore have to educate people to drive with central locking engaged and not wind down windows to talk to road workers.

but why bother with elaborate roadblocks? the road block concept is a bit retarded. my understanding is that traffic lights is the preferred place to stage a carjacking. just walk up to the first car in the queue that has 1 occupant, open the driver door, drag driver out at gun/knife point and the car is yours. if you are willing to smash the driver window in and smash the driver in the face then central locking isn't going to be much protection.
          Last edited by g0zer; 21-01-2013, 09:55 AM.
          Originally posted by Bendito
          If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

They all look dodgy. Booze buses, the whole lot.

Comment

Originally posted by g0zer View Post
              but why bother with elaborate roadblocks? the road block concept is a bit retarded. my understanding is that traffic lights is the preferred place to stage a carjacking. just walk up to the first car in the queue that has 1 occupant, open the driver door, drag driver out at gun/knife point and the car is yours. if you are willing to smash the driver window in and smash the driver in the face then central locking isn't going to be much protection.
              haha, imagine the conservative 'mothers' getting a wind of something like that.

THEY LEARNT THAT FROM VIDEO GAMES (read: GTA). SPEAKING AS A MOTHER, THEY SHOULD BE BANNED!! ALL OF THEM!!

Comment

This also happened over the weekend on Amherst road, with proper detour signs and a line of rocks across the road

Comment

I work across the car park from the licencing centre in west Perth; weekend before last I saw an instructor with a learner pillion (thought that was strange). Went back to work, about 2 hours later when I finished I came out to meet a mate who had a lesson with the same instructor, turns out that his previous student had been "bike-jacked" am I saying it right? According to the police, some guy come up to her with a broken bottle and threatened her while she was doing her emergency stops just around the corner then took off on the learner bike. From now on I only park my bike in our underground car park on Saturdays <_<

Poor girl, 4 cop cars turned up and questioned us...

My friend who had his lesson after this chick is 6'4 and we were wondering if this situation would have still happened if their roles were swapped, he does look rather intimidating on the little learner bikes Also his nick names include: Bad Man Johnny and Bangry Man (angry bad man)
                  Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Comment

My car has auto locking as soon as you reach 15km iirc.. Think it's very handy for situations like this!

Also, I used to live in Gosnells and quite often when driving along the rail line there'd be a group of abos blocking the road walking in my direction. I did the same thing everytime - speed up and veer slightly to the right to give them room to run. I can't imagine what would happen if a little old lady would stop for them to get out of the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Bendito View Post
                      This also happened over the weekend on Amherst road, with proper detour signs and a line of rocks across the road
                      Have you got a link to this story, I can't find one. Cheers.

Comment

Oops - wrong story

Comment

Originally posted by devolved View Post
                          Have you got a link to this story, I can't find one. Cheers.
                          Can't help you with a link, it was from a first-hand account.

Comment

Stuff like this is even more worrying for riders, I reckon, especially for those of us who are slight, or female, or short (or basically don't *look* like they would/could beat the living shit out of someone)... I would stop at a legitimate looking road block and it would be far too easy for someone to drag me off the bike and take off with it (or worse, not take off with it...). The story mentioned above about the learner just confirms that this is a genuine issue.
                            AKA Lady Jonas

Comment

Originally posted by douchenozzle View Post
                              My car has auto locking as soon as you reach 15km iirc.. Think it's very handy for situations like this!!
                              Unlikely to get car-jacked while doing faster than 15km/h!

Hope I never have to live somewhere where this kind of thing is not un-common, eg South Africa.
                              Dunno if its just urban myth or not, but apparently prevention measures have included people fitting what is essentially a flame thrower under the drivers door incase of an attack.

Comment

Working...
                              X