Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone recommend a fridge repairman?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can anyone recommend a fridge repairman?

    Came home the other night to a burning electrical smell, tracked it down to the fridge; the light wasn't on and I couldn't hear the motor/compressor so I moved everything to the barfridge and unplugged it. Next morning out of curiosity, plugged it back in, it all ran fine but 15 minutes later the electrical burning smell came back (safety switch in the meterbox didn't trip either), but glad to know the motor isn't fried.

    I've heard a lot of dodgy fridge repair stories which is what I'm looking to avoid.
    So: anyone know anyone who they can vouch for to do a good job at repairing it?
    Originally posted by Michael Westen
    When fighting in the wilderness riding a bike, the biggest threats are often the ones you don't see: dehydration, exhaustion, and nerves.

  • #2
    Ring a dedicated fridge mob.

    e.g. Look up Electrolux and see who they use or if they do service calls.

    By the sound of it it could be an insurance fusion claim if something is burning.

    We focus on Commercial A/C's and could get to you before christmas for sure
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

    Comment


    • #3
      thread is relevant to my interest too


      Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

      insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

      dianella 93703770

      Comment


      • #4
        Just a thought. is your fridge one that has the radiator on the back or underneath it?? So.etimes the ones with it underneath get heaps of dust n crap underthem.. Could be burning that a bit?? Maybe
        Name: Chris Location: Perth Hills
        Ride: Honda cbr600rr

        Comment


        • #5
          I know a really good guy but he specialises in German stuff if that's any help.
          -

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Can anyone recommend a fridge repairman?

            Do you have contents insurance? If so you may be able to claim the fridge repair.
            You put the c*nt in country run

            Comment


            • #7
              Can anyone recommend a fridge repairman?

              Unfortunately my insurance won't cover it; someone break in and steal the fridge for me? hahaha. I'll try giving a pro-mob a call and see who they recommend, thanks for the tip (unless anyone knows of anyone else? It's a Samsung, so not German branded unfortunately).
              Originally posted by Michael Westen
              When fighting in the wilderness riding a bike, the biggest threats are often the ones you don't see: dehydration, exhaustion, and nerves.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Deano View Post
                Unfortunately my insurance won't cover it; someone break in and steal the fridge for me? hahaha. I'll try giving a pro-mob a call and see who they recommend, thanks for the tip (unless anyone knows of anyone else? It's a Samsung, so not German branded unfortunately).
                Deal. But you gotta burn my house down, for me.

                I've got a Samsung too (2nd one in 6 years), I usually swear by the brand, but I must admit some of their fridges aren't wonderful. Noisy, rattly and in the case of the first one everything that went wrong with it cost between a third and half of what a new fridge would have. This one is starting to make the death rattle too.
                Last edited by CitizenD; 23-01-2013, 06:41 AM.

                What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Gentlemen, dont tell me you haven't read your insurance policy? Tut, tut.

                  Virtually all contents policies have a fusion component that covers electrical fires. This can range from motors burning out, down to earth etc, to printed circuit boards that fry.

                  Looks nervously over shoulder for insurance company hitmen.
                  They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by chew View Post
                    Gentlemen, dont tell me you haven't read your insurance policy? Tut, tut.

                    Virtually all contents policies have a fusion component that covers electrical fires. This can range from motors burning out, down to earth etc, to printed circuit boards that fry.

                    Looks nervously over shoulder for insurance company hitmen.
                    Excesses and having to go through the claims process make it not worth it in the end.

                    What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X