X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone work for qantas/jetstar airlines/airport/service desk? - Perth

Hi,

In short:

Need to buy a bicycle box and qantas/jetstar have a good size ones that i used previously but they only sell to customers who fly with them, the plan is to fly overseas with Emirates who dont supply such boxes.

Would someone be able to help me get one? They cost like 14$.

I am in Perth.

Thanks a lot!
    Turn off the tap when you brush your teeth!!
    Turning the taps off when you brush your teeth, can save up to 5 liters a minute!

Sit at the airport and offer the guys in fluro shirts (FIFO workers) a few cans of VB in exchange for said box.

Apart from that I can't help - good luck!
    Straight roads are for fast bikes - corners are for fast riders!

Comment

Would rather not walk around the airport approaching random people, in case the security gets the wrong idea!

Another options, if anyone is flying with them i could meet up at the airport before your flight and you simply purchase the box for me, everyone is happy
      Turning the taps off when you brush your teeth, can save up to 5 liters a minute!

Comment

I guess I could but I have a 525am flight on tues

Comment

Or u could email the boxman in kewdale for a custom job The Boxman Western Australian Cardboard Manufacturer, custom made and stock lines cardboard boxes

Comment

Have you tried buying one at the counter? I would have figured that staff wouldn't be too fussed about it.
            One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by 07 Terra View Post
              I guess I could but I have a 525am flight on tues
              Dont think i could make it to the airport that early but will let you know thanks.

Originally posted by 07 Terra View Post
              May give it a go if i cant get a hold of qantas box. Thanks for the link.

Originally posted by Phildo View Post
              Have you tried buying one at the counter? I would have figured that staff wouldn't be too fussed about it.
              Yes, last time i needed one, they wouldnt sell me one. You would think its not a big deal but unfortunately it is for them.

Comment

Mate if you go to a local bicycle shop they will give you one

Comment

A friends dad works at QANTAS so I'll ask if he can get his hands on one. Only contact I have to him is Facebook and I'm away for the long weekend. How urgently you need it?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrain View Post
                    Mate if you go to a local bicycle shop they will give you one
                    This is true but standard bicycle boxes generally fit 'normal' bicycles only, my bike is a touring bike with racks, panniers etc hence i need a way bigger qantas box
                    Originally posted by Seb View Post
                    A friends dad works at QANTAS so I'll ask if he can get his hands on one. Only contact I have to him is Facebook and I'm away for the long weekend. How urgently you need it?
                    Would appreciate it Seb, next week is fine for sure, not urgent just yet.

Comment

I have flown numerous times interstate with my bike, just get one from local bike shop, not sure if they even charge you or not as they give u a recycled one? they fit most bikes that I know of, however may have to put ur paniers in the hand luggage?

Comment

Originally posted by PolishBiker View Post

Would appreciate it Seb, next week is fine for sure, not urgent just yet.
                        I've heard back from him and shouldn't be an issue. Is there only one specific size or something special I need to ask for? I'll pick it up from him next week sometime and let you know when I have it and organise a time to drop it off to you.

Comment

Thanks so much.
                          They only have 1 size bicycle box.
                          Let me know once you have it and i will visit you and give you the money What area are you in?

Comment

I'm in Bedford, but will be collecting from Elenbrook, so can drop it off to you no bother.

And glad to help mate, that's what this community is all about

Comment

Sorted, thanks to [MENTION=24882]Seb[/MENTION] : )

Comment

Working...
                              X