R1 Parts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1 Parts

Where can one just walk into a shop n buy a -1 front sprocket and speedo healer off the shelf??
    Ideas pleased thanks in advance

I ordered a speedohealer off Motomummy that I decided not to bother fitting on my 07 R1.
    Brand new. $70 if you want. Link

For a front sprocket, try Total Motorcycle or Five Star Yamaha.
    If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back, you probably high-sided.

Comment

Yep - Total Motorcycle had front sprockets ready to go for my gixxer when I walked in. Should be able to sort out your R1..

Comment

Awesome is it a conversion or race? Do u know the chain pitch?? Seems its not that simple huh. Motorcycles for dummies edition on order

Comment

Huh?? Are these questions you were asked or are asking us?

Comment

you need to ask for race pitch conversion

hehe
            Originally posted by Bendito
            If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

They were questions i was asked. Might be better to buy a new set n chain. Too hard basket

Comment

R1 Parts

Do you have your manual? I got my chain pitch out of that - simple

Comment

Originally posted by SilentBob View Post
                  I ordered a speedohealer off Motomummy that I decided not to bother fitting on my 07 R1.
                  Brand new. $70 if you want. Link

For a front sprocket, try Total Motorcycle or Five Star Yamaha.
                  Easy fit? Recon I could be interested. Went -1 front for now

Comment

standard r1 chain is 530 pitch, thin chain conversion is 520 pitch. sprockets must match the chain.
                    Originally posted by Bendito
                    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

The 07's came with a 530 pitch chain and 17/45 teeth front/rear.
                      You'll need to check that the chain/sprockets have not been changed and remain as standard so that you get the right sprocket. There should be a number printed on the links on the chain. Check this to confirm.

Here's a link to the Speedo healer install on and 06. Pretty much exactly the same for our bikes. Just needs some basic tools.
                      How-To: 2004 Speedo Healer Install : Yamaha R1 Forum
                      Originally posted by redfern
                      It growls like a horny fat chick, screams like a drunk college floozey on a slingshot at spring break, and handles like mountain goat interbred with a gecko.

Comment

Originally posted by 07 Terra View Post
                        Easy fit? Recon I could be interested. Went -1 front for now
                        It appears to be a matter of just plugging it in. It is tiny, not much bigger than the cable. Never tried fitting tho, it is still in the packet. Couple hex keys to take the fairings off should be all you need. Fitting your sprocket will be way more work.
                        Check your rear sprocket and chain condition while you're down there. Could be worth replacing the whole lot.
                        If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back, you probably high-sided.

Comment

Sprockets n chain just clicked over 13k still look original and in good condition, no wear evident. Ill change the rear at a later time when I do the chain
                          Busy tomoro mate for the speedo thing?
                          True plug n play or is splicing read bud?
                          Last edited by Duked; 24-01-2013, 01:16 PM. Reason: Additional question

Comment

Plug and play.
                            I should be home in the morning. PM me your number and I'll text you.

Comment

Working...
                            X