Infringement notice..... WTF?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infringement notice..... WTF?

Whilst waiting the at lights to turn right I patiently waited till the lights changed color 4 times(right turn arrow remained red) Thinking this was kinda odd I moved the bike backwards thinking the senors in the road hadnt picked me up. So still nothing happened and I thought screw it, indicated to the left checked my mirrors and veered off into the lane continuing my merry way forward. Today I get a fine in the mail, 2pts n $100. The lights were green to drive straight ahead tho...
    Should I just pay it or contest it....

Contest it.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I'd contest it, if you think that $100, 2 points and not feeling like a victim combines to be worth more than the day you'll spend in court and the associated losses. I've fought a couple of these and explained myself to the magistrate, and gotten off the things which were minor issues. On other occasions I've been busy enough that I paid the fine. Economic question really.

Meanwhile if you want to argue your case it might be a good thing to go to the same set of lights with your GoPro running and replicate the situation.

Not sure if there's a person you can talk to at infringements and reason with them, they may be empowered to just drop it there if you make a good case, but in every case where I've fought something, it's after some piece of crap bureaucrat refused to speak reasonably to me when I rang up and tried to explain their system is flawed.
      www.hurtlegear.com.au

Comment

did you get to see the photo? what does it show?

i think it 'should' be an easy one to win even if you did go through the red light, everyone does it. i would have thought it should be the same as when there is a power outage, if the lights arent working then you can proceed through with caution.
        Originally posted by Bendito
        If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Send a letter in explaining what happened. Don't take it to court just yet, see if you can talk yourself out of it (if it really is just an innocent mixup!)

Comment

Photo shows me driving off to the lane left of me and continuing ahead

Comment

Originally posted by douchenozzle View Post
              Send a letter in explaining what happened. Don't take it to court just yet, see if you can talk yourself out of it (if it really is just an innocent mixup!)

That.

if you don't contest it or report the problem its only going to nail someone else, too.
              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by 07 Terra View Post
                Whilst waiting the at lights to turn right I patiently waited till the lights changed color 4 times(right turn arrow remained red) Thinking this was kinda odd I moved the bike backwards thinking the senors in the road hadnt picked me up. So still nothing happened and I thought screw it, indicated to the left checked my mirrors and veered off into the lane continuing my merry way forward. Today I get a fine in the mail, 2pts n $100. The lights were green to drive straight ahead tho...
                Should I just pay it or contest it....

Have you reported the non changing lights? [MENTION=20458]Sonik[/MENTION] as well, it can be investigated and rectified if needed, sounds like it does, which set of lights?

Also sounds crap, but you would either have had to cross the white lines to go straight ahead or be changing lanes in an intersection, both are illegal moves.

Worth a try to fight it though.

Comment

I have this problem a lot with the sensors not picking up my bike and it's a fucking pain in the ass, especially when no other cars are behind you to roll over the sensor for you. I think a letter explaining the situation would be the first port of call, otherwise honestly I wouldn't even bother unless this is going to put you over and cause a license suspension.
                  AKA Lady Jonas

Comment

Originally posted by 07 Terra View Post
                    Photo shows me driving off to the lane left of me and continuing ahead
                    ah see you would have had to drive over the sensors for the right hand turn lane, so it thinks you have gone through a red light!!

I thought you were on the bike? Sounds like it really needs to be reported then if you were in a car!!

Comment

speaking of which, do people think taping a small rare earth magnet to the bottom of the bike would be enough to trip the sensors?

im thinking those banned buckyball gift shop things, pop off a couple of the balls + a little 100mph tape to the belly fairing.
                      Originally posted by Bendito
                      If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

My partner got done exactly like this recently. Your chances of getting out of it are slim to none.

Whether the lights were green to go forward or not, you weren't in an appropriate lane to do so. Suck it up, back further away before changing the lane next time.
                        such comment
                        wow
                        many post

Comment

Originally posted by Todd B. Rexington View Post
                          Whether the lights were green to go forward or not, you weren't in an appropriate lane to do so. Suck it up, back further away before changing the lane next time.
                          Or just look for a camera first and if there happens to be one, cover your license plate before proceeding.
                          AKA Lady Jonas

Comment

Hubby got done for exactly the same - in his ute!!, phoned up got the - sorry no matter what you say, you turned contrary to arrows that'll be $100 have a nice day.

Comment

Firstly, if there is no traffic, sit in the centre of the lane (yep, the oil slick) to trigger the sensors. There is much more sensitivity here

Also, how did you get a fine for going through a red light, if your bike was unable to be detected by the sensors?

I'd hazzard a guess you pulled up in the right hand side of the right turning lane? Meaning you crossed the oil slick, and sensitive spot, when continuing straight ahead, and triggered the camera/lights.
                              The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                              X