Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rant - Why dont drink drivers cop the same car/bike crushing as hoons????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant - Why dont drink drivers cop the same car/bike crushing as hoons????

Ok I was watching the Project a few nights ago and they were talking about the constant stream of repeat offenders when it comes to drink driving
    and it got me thinking. If the hoons get their cars confiscated and impounded and eventually crushed if they dont get the hint then why not
    the drink drivers??

Hell I nearly got killed back in 96 by a guy who ran a red light ON HIS WAY TO THE PUB. My partner at the time was pillion and she was
    killed so image how much worse damage he could have done driving home from the pub half cut??? Maybe 2 lives would have been taken.

Dont get me wrong I'm an enthusiastic driver/rider but I do my best to stay out of the hoon bracket and keep my wild side for track days.
    I understand hooning is dangerous and I'm not condoning it in anyway I just think most hoons are only a danger to themselves where as the
    drink drivers are out there killing other people. The office of road safety states that Drink driving contributes to over 30% of fatal road crashes.
    Office Of Road Safety - Drink Driving - You Deserve It
    Take their cars off them then. Yes they lose their license and cop heavy fines but if their car is sitting in their driveway whats to stop them doing it
    again? And yes their cars get impounded if they are caught driving under suspension but thats only if they get caught in the act. If a hoon gets their
    car taken off them right away for being a danger then so should a drink driver. Out of site, out of mind and the temption is gone.
    How about a 3 strikes and your crushed rule for the drink drivers aswell as the hoons just to make an example of them to others???

I did some home work and couldnt find any reference to car crushing on the WA Police website -

Drink driving penalties | Western Australia Police
    Impounded vehicles | Western Australia Police
    Hoon driving | Western Australia Police

But this link did mention it -

Western Australia (WA) Anti-Hoon Law | | Anti-Hoon LawAnti-Hoon Law

And dont get me wrong I respected the WA Law and when I do the wrong thing I cop it on the chin and pay up.
    And if I believe I was in the right I've taken it to court and found the WA judges to be very reasonable.
    So come on law makers, start bringing the penalties in line across the board rather than just penalising those
    who find enjoyment in their vehicles as more than just a way to get to work.

What better way to get the message to drink drivers than a few public car crushings. If it good enough for hoons
    then why not the DDs aswell????

Oh and on a final note I dont appreciate the stereo typing on the part of the WA police by putting a CBR on the impound
    page. Cars break the law too but I dont see any Commodores or Skylines on the hoon page....

If any of my info is out please point me in the right direction.

So what do you guys think? Am I out of my mind or is it a good idea??? END RANT...
    Last edited by sqweegel; 26-01-2013, 04:12 PM.

Politicians don't Hoon...

They do Drink Drive...

See where I'm going with this?

Comment

Yes I see where your going but the majority of those buggers are driving cars paid for by us, the tax payer, and I'm sure there's quite a few people that wouldnt mind seeing a polly get his/her car crushed and made to use public transport. Maybe then he/she will start to make a real difference rather than padding their own pockets. If you think about it we would save money putting them on the bus even if you include 50K for the crushed car. Perhaps we can downgrade them to bicycles to reduce the number of fat bast#rds in parliament. Tony Abbott has set the standard for cycling pollies.
      Last edited by sqweegel; 26-01-2013, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post

They do Drink Drive...

And why would what politicians are and aren't guilty of have any standing on what happens when people actually get prosecuted for infringements?
        Insert witty comment here

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson View Post
          And why would what politicians are and aren't guilty of have any standing on what happens when people actually get prosecuted for infringements?
          Because they make the laws dumbass

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post

They do Drink Drive...

Beaten like a red headed stepchild [quote]
            Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

Originally posted by LabRatt View Post
              who ran a red light ON HIS WAY TO THE PUB. My partner at the time was pillion and she was
              killed so image how much worse damage he could have done driving home from the pub half cut???
              The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Its far easier to demonise the actions of minority groups. Its all there in Fear Mongering 101.
                "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people"

Comment

Yes I see where your going but the majority of those buggers are driving cars paid for by us, the tax payer, and I'm sure there's quite a few people that wouldnt mind seeing a polly get his/her car crushed and made to use public transport. Maybe then he/she will start to make a real difference rather than padding their own pockets. If you think about it we would save money putting them on the bus even if you include 50K for the crushed car. Perhaps we can downgrade them to bicycles to reduce the number of fat bast#rds in parliament. Tony Abbott has set the standard for cycling pollies.
                  Thing is they'll never crush a govt vehicle (from memory the legislation specifically prevents this happening ) even if they did actually impound it and if they don't own a car what then Then it wouldn't mean fuck all as they would just get a driver or taxi to ferry them around at taxpayers expense
                  #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                  Originally posted by Phildo
                  Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                  Originally posted by filbert
                  i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                  Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Wow if I'd know you all felt so strong about the pollies I would have written a crucify a polly thread.
                    And I dont quite see how its demonising a minority group?
                    I'm just asking shouldnt the punishment fit the crime? And if you dont learn from the first punishment should the next be substantially harsher
                    not just an extra $1000 bucks??

I know this will stir up a hornets nest but while I'm at it bring back the death penality I say. If you go around shooting people
                    and raping and murdering I know a bullet is too soft a punishment but it would save the tax payers a hell of a lot of money.
                    We all winge about what the pollies cost us with their rorts but does anyone stop to think about the room and board your paying
                    for the hard core crims doing life in prison???

Apologies for ranting again but just trying to get back on track..

Comment

I know this will stir up a hornets nest but while I'm at it bring back the death penality I say.
                      Grat idea, at least with the death penalty the innocent we put to death won't have any recourse to complain about it.

Comment

Along the same lnes, why can drink drivers apply for an "E" plate when they lose their license, but someone who lost their license from demerit points isnt allowed to apply for one? I know people think its one offence aginst up to 3 years of offences, but isnt drink driving more of a danger than doing 10km over the speed limit a few times?

Drinik driving should be treated a lot more harsh than it currently is. It just seems like the system give you a slap on the wrist and say "dont get caught again"

Comment

Now Now Desmo we wont be that harsh.
                          Same idea as 3 strikes but maybe You'll only get 2 chances before we put a bullet in you..

The law is making better exceptions for self defence and one punch deaths but when your convicted and found guilty on MULTIPLE counts
                          and sentenced for LIFE IN PRISON then a small injection be it lead or otherwise should be the result. Look at that guy who killed Jill Meagher over east,
                          didnt He lead police to where he buried her. They should have shot him right there and buried him in that hole.

Wouldnt you rather your tax paying dollar helped the homeless and those doing it tough or are we quite happy to provide free room and board
                          to the scum of the earth????

Got side tracked again. ooops..
                          Last edited by sqweegel; 27-01-2013, 04:57 PM.

Comment

so who will stop when they might be over the limit
                            Now we have drunk high speed runners
                            Love that shit, awsome TV for TT ACA
                            REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                            (anarchy in english )

Comment

At the risk of thread derailment - do you reckon they'd crush a Lamborghini?? Or Ferrari even? Just a thought to ponder...

JD

Comment

Working...
                              X