I was discriminated against!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was discriminated against!

I applied for an Admin job at a library in Mt Lawley. I get a phone call the next day from a woman telling me they were only accepting applicants from Aboriginals.

WTF??

I was too gobsmacked to say anything, but isn't that discrimination?
    Originally posted by vk6hgr
    My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Get that in writing!

Comment

No it's only discrimination when it goes the other way......

Like the female only gyms.

No such thing as equal rights...just people that whinge enough to have it their way.

Maybe everyone there goes chroming on their lunchbreak and thought you might dob them in?
      sigpic

Comment

Walk in with a VCR under your arm and say
        "Can I have the job now?"
        "No, I'm sorry its for Aboriginals only"
        "But you see, this isn't my VCR"
        Bing the jobs yours!

Waits for the rose coloured glasses brigade to jump on this post.
        Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

one word, fake tan

and really lay it on heavy

Comment

one word, fake tan

[/b]
            They're employing Aboriginals, not Oompa Loompas

And yes, that IS discrimination.

It happens all the time. But they normally make up some non related excuse. Not just out and say it!

Comment

one word, fake tan

[/b]
              And get Muddy to smack you around a bit.
              sigpic

Comment

best one I heard was when i applied for a job at Bras "n" Things they said we need someone who can "multi-task" in other words NO GUYS... spoil sports!
                Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

best one I heard was when i applied for a job at Bras "n" Things they said we need someone who can "multi-task" in other words NO GUYS... spoil sports!
                  [/b]
                  And you didn't tell them you could feel two things at once?

Comment

Depends whether the advertised position was part of a 'diversity pool' - something the government(s) try to do every so often to prove that there is no descimination in the work place...

Do you know that if I came up with a training program specifically targeted at women I could get special funding and grants from the government as women are a 'minority'?
                    I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

Tell em your 1-poofteenth aboriginal, let them prove your not.....

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

"If your mind can conceive it then
                      your hands can achieve it"- Nigel Petrie (Engineeredtoslide.com)

Comment

The whole system shits me. It's like making everybody in one 'minority' get around on crutches, when only one or 2 of them have a broken leg. It doesn't help the healthy ones, they can walk without the crutches, and it makes the whole minority look like they need them to survive.

Putting any word you like in front of discrimination, and it's still discrimination.
                        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Pilbara Iron was advertising jobs for female Operators for ages on their employment site I dont see why being a female would be a prerequisite to operating heavy mining equipment...... other than for the company's image in relation to being seen as equal opportunity. Advertising for females only is hardly equal opportunity though is it?

Comment

when i was filling out my forms to live off the government i read something along the lines of "anyone who says they are aboriginal, is aboriginal".
                            didnt say anything about skin colour or religon.

it was almost as if being aboriginal wanst a genetic thing, but more of a lifestyle choice.

on the other hand i might have read it wrong. id probably been filling out forms for an hour by the time i got to that bit. its almost as if they didnt want to give me money
                            Respect is earned, not enforced.

Comment

when i was filling out my forms to live off the government i read something along the lines of "anyone who says they are aboriginal, is aboriginal".
                              didnt say anything about skin colour or religon.

it was almost as if being aboriginal wanst a genetic thing, but more of a lifestyle choice.

on the other hand i might have read it wrong. id probably been filling out forms for an hour by the time i got to that bit. its almost as if they didnt want to give me money
                              [/b]
                              if you are born australian, there is nothing on your birth certificate that says you are or are not aboriginal.....just a matter of ticking the box and there you go........you are an aboriginal..........

im not sure if the government no interest, no repayments loan scheme for aborigines extends to motorcyles though.........but if it does make mine a 999R..."i do believe mine one is plasher dan urs coz mines da red one mr bond"

"got a smoke"

Comment

Working...
                              X