For once I wish people WOULD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For once I wish people WOULD

I am SO fking tired of defending my decision to ride.

And the closer I am to getting my bike, the worse it gets.

I wish they'd nod and smile, slap me on the back, and throw darts at a picture of my head when I've left.

I know they care. And I hope I am prepared / lucky enough for nothing serious to happen to me.
    But please lose the guilt trips.

ignore them

bloody philistines

Comment

One of the guys at uni keeps baggin bikes as being dangerous.
      I ask him why he likes his mini so much (with a boot that's literally rusted out), and how safe he thinks it is.
      So he changes the topic to bikes doing warp 5 down the freeway.

Then he says that a high beam on a black bike cancels colours, and it becomes invisible.

I just called him a twat and told him to shut up.

He now just says 'ride safe' or 'watch out for those cars' (to which I can say "yeah, stupid cars") when I leave, but still urges to get into a debate about why I shouldn't ride.

Comment

i think we all get that. I guess people couldn't comprehend how or why we choose to ride our bikes knowing how dangerous it could be. To each their owns i said. some people goes to church on sunday, i go for a ride. it is my decision after all. :pinch:

I just called him a twat and told him to shut up.

[/b]
        i'll use that next time

Comment

Whats worse is if/when something does happen, they're all on your back saying "I told you so".

What the f_ck do you mean by "you told me so"??!! It's not like I didn't know the risks involved when I decided to start riding dickweed.

Comment

Whats worse is if/when something does happen, they're all on your back saying "I told you so".

What the f_ck do you mean by "you told me so"??!! It's not like I didn't know the risks involved when I decided to start riding dickweed.
            [/b]
            LOL. I know exactly what you're talking about!!! The worst for me is my mum but thats what mums are for i guess. Dad rides so he understands. But yes, i pretty much got the I told you so from mum on Friday.

As has been said people who don't ride just don't understand what riding is all about to us.
            And I'm positive I'll get asked a hundred more times yet if I'll get back on... OF COURSE I BLOODY AM!! idiots.
            I had a vision of my reality once... then turned my back and walked away.

Comment

[/b]
              Honestly mate, dont sweat it, and dont even bite. Cause the biggest problem is that they will soon convince you "am i doing the right thing" .... but hey, ride for you and you alone.

A heap of my mates got stuck into me when i helped my cousin (Curious George, who is BTW a slack prick and wont read this cause he doesnt read psb often enuf so he cant have a moan that im calling him a prick) get his first bike, a 03 ZX6 636. "What a way to get your cousin messed up" , "good work Saf, how long till he becomes a stat ?" and so on yes he has been riding with us, stunting with us allomst from day one, did a show at Hoonavation with Bulbous , 1BG and myself and is one of the best riders i ride with.

So if a bike is what you want , stop bitching about people bitching and get a bike

Comment

I am at a cancer conference with 8000 other people and outside you see a large group of people smoking, most of who are medical doctors (if they were REAL doctors and had learned their doctorate instead of being given an honourary one there would be less). It's all about that sexy sexy risk. i.e. "Smoking not only makes me look cool but I have an 80% chance of getting lung cancer when I am 65+ and becoming a burden on society .. hell yeah" ahhhhh nicotene, seriously the talks on it this week *shudders* the signalling pathways in cells that nicotene and NKK can affect at smoking concentrations ... scary.

Point of rant: People should know better, but they love the risk.

Comment

I wish they'd nod and smile, slap me on the back, and throw darts at a picture of my head when I've left.

I know they care. And I hope I am prepared / lucky enough for nothing serious to happen to me.
                  But please lose the guilt trips.
                  [/b]
                  The main trouble is that you haven't got your bike yet, when you do, their attitude may change slightly. You good then say things like, what an awsome ride to/from work I had this morning/yesterday arvo. blah blah blah tehy might get sick of hearing your bike stories and just leave it alone.

I don't have any trouble at all from my rellies.
                  If you've put yourself in a position where someone has to see you in order for you to be safe -- to see you, and to give a fuck -- you've already blown it." -- Neal Stephenson,

Comment

get yourself some of these... converstion manipulators...
                    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

when people tell me bikes are dangerous my answer is 'heehahe yeah i know ' i dont have to justify myself to anyone (except the missus )
                      Originally posted by Friedrich Hayek
                      "The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

Comment

just laugh and nod, then in the same motion accidentaly slip and headbutt them in the nose...

explain to them after their surgery to re-align the cartilage that there are risks involved with talking.

Comment

Cool, I'm really living 'on the edge'

I ride and I smoke, just not at the same time

If someone hassles you then just use the 'f' word:

F' off; get f'd; f' you; go f' yourself; etc etc - I find it a very versaitle word

People will soon get the idea not to bother you.
                          I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

Fuck I hate that cnt S2-Ahhh, what a friggen knob

... oh

you said behind your back

:pinch:

Comment

Working...
                            X