Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I might as well post some pics as well...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might as well post some pics as well...

All images have come from my Nokia 6230i. Only 1.3Mpixel, but they've come out pretty good.

Several pics stitched together of an older pit here.

A broken excavator - the mining dep't decided to just keep digging around it til it got fixed!!!

Same excavator, to give you an idea of the size of the trucks.

I was trying for a clever shot w/ sun and trucks, but that damn sun is just too bright!!!!

Sunrise view over the main pit.

Whoops, how did this get here?!?!?!
    2006 Yamaha R1SP;
    In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
    Amen, brother. Amen.
    My nemesis; Barfridge

That certainly is a big hole.
    Didn't know they had such nice lawns at minesites...

Comment

No, here is the big hole. Taken on Jan 1st 2006, not with the Nokia but a real camera, and stitched together from 4 shots, I think.
      2006 Yamaha R1SP;
      In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
      Amen, brother. Amen.
      My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

the pic's don't really do the place justice..... it is friggin huge. I was there 4 years ago before and during care and maintenance and i loved the place. pit 1a1b is about 2k long and 600m wide.... well it was.
        Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Ooooh, purty!!!!
          2006 Yamaha R1SP;
          Amen, brother. Amen.
          My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Hey Hornet, where abouts do you work at telfer?

That last pic looks like it was taken in a white bus heading towards the A-Frame from the mills??

I am currently running the floats there.
            I think about sex every tits seconds.

Comment

Ah...memories. I was at Telfer until June 2005 (Head of Security). Yup..it sure is a big sandpit.
              Originally posted by Viper
              I'm probably fucking something up.
              FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
              Administrator

Comment

where i am is about 2.5 km long and about 1.5 wide and about 300 metres deep still got another 20 years mine life here to

they move about 3 million bcm tonnes a month
                Is Dead

Comment

Reminds me of the time I stood on the edge of the pit at Mt Whaleback (Newman) looking down.

Holy crap.
                  Originally posted by http://www.textsfromlastnight.com
                  (626): I'm trying this new thing, it's called standards

Comment

Hey Hornet, where abouts do you work at telfer?

That last pic looks like it was taken in a white bus heading towards the A-Frame from the mills??

I am currently running the floats there.
                    [/b]
                    On behalf of hornet... he doesn't work at telfer anymore,...
                    When we are born we are naked, wet, hungry and we get smacked on our arse. From there on, life gets worse.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Blog: http://gytrr1.spaces.msn.com/

Comment

oh nice dude

Comment

Yah, I (and about 5 others) quit earlier in the year. Won't go into it, but suffice it to say that the mining dep't would preach the old "safety over production" line, but would do, um, something else.
                        2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                        Amen, brother. Amen.
                        My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Our catch cries here are "Safe Production" and "Zero Tolerance"... that must be why there were some explosives dude running down the ramp whilst being showered with rocks, 2 minutes after the blast, with a misfire, and the management team happened to be watching the blast, and turned a blind eye as the bloke was just missed by some rather large boulders that fell from a couple of RL's above... and nothing happened...
                          When we are born we are naked, wet, hungry and we get smacked on our arse. From there on, life gets worse.

Comment

Our catch cries here are "Safe Production" and "Zero Tolerance"... that must be why there were some explosives dude running down the ramp whilst being showered with rocks, 2 minutes after the blast, with a misfire, and the management team happened to be watching the blast, and turned a blind eye as the bloke was just missed by some rather large boulders that fell from a couple of RL's above... and nothing happened...
                            [/b]

zero tolerance sounds familiar do you work for bhp or thiess
                            Is Dead

Comment

zero tolerance sounds familiar do you work for bhp or thiess
                              [/b]
                              Nope... I think it's the new catch cry for 05-06... A lot of mining companies have or are adopting that paticular set of buzz words...

Comment

Working...
                              X