Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how expensive is Reids Boots leather repairs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how expensive is Reids Boots leather repairs?

Can anyone give me a rough idea what reids charge to repair leathers?

Need two items repaired, first is some pants just need about 3" of seam restiched the 2nd is a jacket that needs new sleeve zip and a seam restiched.

Anyone had similar work done and what did it cost?
    B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Why don't you call them? Or better still go into the shop!?

Comment

Pretty decent cost wise for me - I had 2 elbow patches added, 4 or 5 seams fixed and both knee patches replaced for $250.

Comment

You get what you pay for and you pay for what you get...

Sounds like a pretty good deal.
        Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
          Why don't you call them? Or better still go into the shop!?
          i did this moment before i put this thread up and i am goin in on saturday.

The idea of this thread was to get a rough idea if they are generally expensive and to weather i should just go buy a new jacket or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by out_in_front View Post
          Pretty decent cost wise for me - I had 2 elbow patches added, 4 or 5 seams fixed and both knee patches replaced for $250.

Thanks, thats sounds pretty reasonable and is alot more work than i need done.
          B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Pricing is good...

Service is excellent...

He did a rush job for me, replaced zip in jacket and I little bit of stitching, was $75 IIRC...

Comment

Yep - I mentioned I needed them in 7 days time as I was having a track day and he made sure they were ready. He also said he would get onto a heap of other people's leathers just in case they were going to the same day!

Brilliant service IMO!

Comment

He is a good dude and not unreasonable. Ask Adam Senior, he had a lot of stuff done there a couple of years back when he stepped off a few times. He can do all sorts of trick stuff when it comes to doing mods to make your suit fit better, and he WILL deliver on time if you agree upon a deadline. But mostly, he's a race fan and a club supporter and sponsor, so needs and deserves our support.

Comment

I took him my leathers on a Thursday afternoon and told him I needed to pick them up on Saturday for a track day on Sunday, he laughed and didn't make any promises...

He called me on the Friday afternoon saying they were ready...

Amazing service considering he has a full shop all the time, and I expect everyone wants their repairs done fast...

Will always take my stuff to him and will always recommend him...

Comment

sounds like good enough recommendation to me.
                    B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Quality job if you need repairs
                      Also will tell you if its not worth it. I have a dodgy Pakistan disaster jacket he basically told me it wasn't worth the repair cost.
                      sigpic

Comment

Just be aware that he gets very busy, so if you want something done don't wait till the last week or two!!

BTW his quitest time is February

Comment

Definitely take it to the pros. I once took my leather pants to a seamstress who said they could sew the leather where it had come apart. Picked it up and the fuckers had glued a patch on it (obviously couldn't sew it despite saying they could). The leathers never stretched in that place after that and felt like shit. Not worth it to save a few bucks. I would have preferred for them not to have done it and I would have taken it where I should have in the first place - Reids.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
                            Will always take my stuff to him and will always recommend him...
                            This, times 10.

Great service, extremely helpfull when i had an emergency repair needed, great prices (for the work quality of work, he's cheap)...only place to go pretty much.

I had some major alterations done which meant restitching the lining, moving the zipper aswell as the leather repairs...less than $130. :what: I asked him if he was sure he was charging enough. Leathers fit better now.
                            All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
                            #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                            Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Quoted me $75-$90 over the phone to repair a full-length zip on the inside of my 3/4 length riding boots. Took it in and he firmed it at $75-$80, waiting time of 7-10 days. The boots would be over $200 to replace and are in good condition, and I see the time that would go in to unpicking a lot of the boot to install the new zip.
                              Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                              1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Working...
                              X