Stolen letter boxes? - Canning Vale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen letter boxes? - Canning Vale

Over the weekend the whole street where I work in Canning Vale were hit.

Our letter box along with many other businesses in this area are now sans-letterbox.

The local postie can't really do much except dump our mail at our door left to the rain and wind. Our landlord is going to get a replacement for this quick for at least our property.

Question is, our letter box is mostly some composite plastic and not steel. What the hell are people stealing large quantities for?

Fun?

Comment

Surely there are more entertaining things to do on such an awesome weekend we've had...

Comment

Look for a house with 42 letter boxes
        you will find yours there.
        REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
        (anarchy in english )

Comment

footy club wind up that weekend?
          Last edited by somebodyelse; 14-10-2013, 05:05 PM. Reason: fat fingers
          Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Comment

Steal 100 letter boxes, 99 may contain useless crap, 1 may have something that is actually worth something....

Or ask my former half cast neighbours why they used to go through other people's letter boxes and steal mail

Comment

school holidays.

When i first got my lic my mates and I would all pile into my Kingswood wagon chip in $5ea fill the tank and cruise about for no reason. Most nights ended up either smashing letter boxes or towing wheelie bins down Tonkin Hwy.
              B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Originally posted by uomouse View Post
                Surely there are more entertaining things to do on such an awesome weekend we've had...
                Not my cup of tea either, but you would be surprised at what some people do when bored.

We did some rather clever pranks for our muck up day at high school.

The lesser-minded kids dug a hole and cut down a tree. I presume they have graduated on to stealing letterboxes.

Comment

Happens all the time.

If you want them back, go for a drive around your nearest state housing community.

Comment

Were they smashed with remnants left? If so they're likely just being cnuts. If they've been cleanly taken (screws undone etc) then maybe there's a black market for letterboxes... My folks had their letterbox nicked twice from Booragoon - the first time they found it dumped in a pile with all other homeless and forlorn looking letterboxes. Second time it was never recovered so is probably still being held captive somewhere.

Comment

I blame the parcel post guy... He must have forgotten where I live and thought fuck it! I'll take them all. Mine is brick and requires a sledgehammer.
                      Originally posted by Abuse this
                      Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

After 20 years with Aussie Post I can assure you it happens on an irregular basis but does spike during school Holidays.

Comment

The whole street were taken cleanly. No sign of vandalism. Just a small hole left where the boxes were before.

Comment

maybe this?
                            "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Working...
                            X