North Korea as you've never seen it before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Korea as you've never seen it before

This guy captured some great shots - just by asking.

Just Do It! Photographer Aram Pan Goes to North Korea and Creates Virtual 360° Panoramic Tour | THEME
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

LOL. Maybe he should ask to be taken off the tourist track to snap some pics next time 'round.
    Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

would be a very interesting place to visit!
      I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

Comment

Nice roads, anyone else notice the lack of cars? you could keep your thou' pinned all the way
        I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

I hope Wee Too Lo and Sum Ting Wong have been reading their manuals because I'm heading there next month to talk to some quarantine people. I suggested going via Singapore but something got lost in translation and I'm going via Sydney.
          -

Comment

I'd love to visit North Korea. I think it'd be such an interesting place to see as that photographer did.

Comment

Can you help with foster care?
              http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Originally posted by rod View Post
                LOL. Maybe he should ask to be taken off the tourist track to snap some pics next time 'round.
                This.

Comment

Considering the intense adversity these poor devils labour under, can you imagine how powerful they could be with some sort of intelligent leadership, say, a coffee table?
                  The country manages to look magnificent and bleak at the same time.
                  Ask not what your country can for do you,
                  But what is your country going to do to you next?

Comment

These pics still feel a little propaganda ish.

Comment

Nice though.

Comment

Originally posted by rod View Post
                        how_people_go_to_DPRK_jail.txt

**edit: So took a look at the article, that dude is far, far too positive about a country without sanitation, power or food for most of its people.

I suppose if I was "asian enough" to pass for local-ish and spoke the lingo, I'd be very, very nice to them so I could continue shooting in their country too.

Totally unrealistic puff piece. He mentions some apartments remind him of his own home? He's probably got heating, power and a fridge with food in it at his home, which are going to be key differences.

**edit again: Hahaha, it's even better than that. Do a bit more digging and you'll see he is sponsored by Universal Travel Corporation. Guess which country UTC operate tours in? No wonder it's so charming, the dude is full of fucking shit.

Originally posted by Sentient View Post
                        These pics still feel a little propaganda ish.
                        Because they are mate.
                        Last edited by Sunshine & F'n Rainbows; 16-10-2013, 01:37 PM.
                        such comment
                        wow
                        many post

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
                          Watched this episode a couple years ago, seems to give a pretty accurate depiction of what life is like there. Not the sugar coated super army stuff u see on the news
                          B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Hmmm. Missed that. Well spotted.

Originally posted by Todd B. Rexington View Post
                            how_people_go_to_DPRK_jail.txt

**edit: So took a look at the article, that dude is far, far too positive about a country without sanitation, power or food for most of its people.

I suppose if I was "asian enough" to pass for local-ish and spoke the lingo, I'd be very, very nice to them so I could continue shooting in their country too.

Totally unrealistic puff piece. He mentions some apartments remind him of his own home? He's probably got heating, power and a fridge with food in it at his home, which are going to be key differences.

**edit again: Hahaha, it's even better than that. Do a bit more digging and you'll see he is sponsored by Universal Travel Corporation. Guess which country UTC operate tours in? No wonder it's so charming, the dude is full of fucking shit.

Because they are mate.
                            "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Sventek View Post
                              Hmmm. Missed that. Well spotted.
                              I'm just a skeptic

Don't get me wrong, there are great photos in there and I would love to get into North Korea and do some shooting, but that article is a really unfair representation of how regular folks would get treated and the freedom they may have to shoot there, based on everything else I've watched coming out of the place.
                              such comment
                              wow
                              many post

Comment

Working...
                              X