Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF Qld? AKA scary legislative powers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF Qld? AKA scary legislative powers...

Okay, we all know about the 'bikie' laws and a few other populist opportunities exploited for little real benefit; but this really does ring some alarm bells when it comes to separation of powers.

Changes to Qld's sex offender laws give Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie 'power of God' - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Edit: didnt see the link - automatically thought you were referring to the bikie laws... oops.

Either way what has got up the QLD governments arse lately?

Comment

Pfft, who needs separation of powers anyway. This way you don't need to put in mandatory sentencing for everything, just hand all the power to the Attorney General and they can make the decisions directly.
      I'd make a comment about it being the thin end of the wedge, but I think they are well and truly past that now.

Originally posted by out_in_front View Post
      Edit: didnt see the link - automatically thought you were referring to the bikie laws... oops.

Despite having trounced the Labor party, they are far from being a popular government. So they are trying to use defending people from the evil bikies paedophiles to gain some form of popularity. Since they are tough on evil people unlike those limp wristed Labor pollies.

Comment

But the Attorney-General being able to keep people in gaol indefinitely at their own whim will protect us from rapists! You must be a pedo-lover!

We are seeing more and more of this kind of stupid knee-jerk policy to appease mentally challenged conservatives everyday.

Who is wrong - the jury, the law, the parole board? If the system does not work - as this change implies - then over-haul the system. Stupid quick fixes are the result of lazy, idiotic thinking.

Here's hoping there is a challenge in court to this law.
        Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
        Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

Comment

I can't remember the exact stats, but most pedos are actually invited into the family home because most pedos are family members!

Comment

My sisters mate is a tattooist and has had the cops parked outside his shop all day. Apparently stopping customers trying to take photos of their tatts and the artist that did them to compile a file for future reference. Can't believe how ridiculous that is. Kinda glad I moved now.

Comment

Originally posted by out_in_front View Post

lately?

I lived their in the days of Joh, he did some crazy shit to.

QLD seems to attract the crazy govts.
              National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

Proof that Bundy and XXXX causes long term brain damage.

Comment

Originally posted by MADOGA View Post
                  lately?

I lived their in the days of Joh, he did some crazy shit to.

QLD seems to attract the crazy govts.
                  I'd put a lot of it down to the lack of an upper house. It's this kind of crap that the Senate is meant to prevent from becoming law.
                  That and Queenslanders vote for idiots.

Comment

they don't even bother with the thin end of the wedge in Queensland, just keep hitting it with the blunt end until it submits.

they say, you get the government you deserve...

and we do keep voting for idiots.
                    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Working...
                    X