Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I clean my Mountain Bike - Perth

Hey all,

I have just started mountain biking in Kalamunda and my bike could do with a good wash. I live in a flat in the city and I don't really have anywhere I can do this.

Does anyone know of a self/jet car wash in perth I would be able to use?

Corner of Charles and Scarborough Beach Rd
    -

Comment

I spose I can detail it for you??

few coats of wax will make that mud just slide off.....

RR
      http://www.cleanride.com.au - https://www.facebook.com/cleanridedetailingstudio/ - https://twitter.com/CleanRideAD - https://www.instagram.com/clean_ride_aus/

Comment

There is a manual wash place in highwycombe, take your bike straight there after you ride.
        It's on kalamunda road
        for passing your r-e test see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-thread-57420/
        for passing your R class test see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-thread-97314/
        for passing your intermediate excel training coarse see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...course-163460/

Comment

There's also one in midland on GT eastern highway if that is convenient.

Comment

Wouldn't it be easier to walk outside find the green long squiggly thing that attaches to a brass fitting connected to exterior wall of your house ?

Turn the handle put ya thumb over said squiggly green thing and aim at bicycle all from the comfort of your home and for only the cost of a few cents ?

Just a thought
            2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
            2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
            2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
            2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
            2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
            2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

Originally posted by GIXXEN View Post
              Wouldn't it be easier to walk outside find the green long squiggly thing that attaches to a brass fitting connected to exterior wall of your house ?

Turn the handle put ya thumb over said squiggly green thing and aim at bicycle all from the comfort of your home and for only the cost of a few cents ?

Just a thought
              Seeing as he lives in a flat there probably isn't a hose/wash setup or he's not allowed..

Comment

Originally posted by Manyak View Post
                Seeing as he lives in a flat there probably isn't a hose/wash setup or he's not allowed..
                True,

I went tard.

Some flats have pools, throw it in there a few times.
                Last edited by GIXXEN; 19-10-2013, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Don't wash your bike, seriously, unless you are prepared to regrease all the pivot points just give it a brisk hose off & it'll be fine. Never use a pressure hose on it. The only moving part you really need to watch is the chain which should be taken off, soaked in a water based degreaser, rinsed & given a good lube with a wax, (dry weather), or chain lube, (wet weather), every couple of rides. A high quality SRAM or Shimano chain is about $60 - $70. I replace mine every season if I have any doubts about them.
                  The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Comment

if you do take it to a high pressure wash reminder don't go hard at the bearing seals with it, bottom bracket and hubs, headset, depending on the gear spec of the bike you can blow water into them and the grease out which will obviously root them.

also occasionally take your seatpost off and clean it and the tube otherwise it go stucky - stucky with the water and grit, at least the alloy frames these days dont rust from the inside out like the chromoly ones did
                    I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

Don't pressure clean!!!

You can hose it down but avoid the joints, and definitely don't dunk it water!

Also with the chain you get a tool that measures how much it's stretched , so when u reach the limit you change it before it chews you cassette a chain rings etc.

Comment

Originally posted by GIXXEN View Post
                        True,

I went tard.

Some flats have pools, throw it in there a few times.
                        You came up slightly short of full tard the first time, happy to see you remedied that
                        Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          You came up slightly short of full tard the first time, happy to see you remedied that
                          Shoosh you, it's late and I have been at airports all day with minimal sleep

Comment

Originally posted by Manyak View Post
                            of course we all live by not doing what we aren't allowed ...
                            yes, i DO serve the devil - but only in an advisory capacity ...

Comment

Originally posted by mstriumph View Post
                              of course we all live by not doing what we aren't allowed ...
                              No of course not, but even animals know not to shit where they eat.

Comment

Working...
                              X