Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The thread to use when attempting your first pic post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thread to use when attempting your first pic post.

If the mods allow this to proceed , I thought I would start a nothing thread where technotards like myself could attempt to post up a pic without filling active threads with failed attempts or mis-sized piccys.

I would think that there are more than a few of us Donkeys that would want to post a pic from our 'pu'ers or something found online , but don't want to fill the new post section with repeated failures. If Daise et al believe this to be inappropriate then please do delete the thread , but be warned that I will be forced to pm all pics to her inbox. [ including THAT afternoon I discovered Chartreuse and my natural jelly wrestling abilities. ]

Edit: A direct hack form Mr Mikes post so you at least know where to start.

"Open FB picture
    Right click
    Properties
    Copy the URL address of the picture

Come back to PSB

Type [.img] then paste the image address here [/.img]
    *Don't put the full stops in before img i put that in so the code shows."
    Last edited by ReCon; 19-10-2013, 07:03 PM.
    Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

use "go advanced" and it'll give you a preview of your post as it would look. if it fails, you can see it, so it doesn't get posted try again, once you got it sussed, press "submit reply". I always preview my .jpgs - especially if i'm using a website link to see what size it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
      use "go advanced" and it'll give you a preview of your post as it would look. if it fails, you can see it, so it doesn't get posted try again, once you got it sussed, press "submit reply". I always preview my .jpgs - especially if i'm using a website link to see what size it is.
      That would save me trying to edit the post 60 times in the allotted 3 minutes that hides my inadequacies as a forum user and doesn't add the post edited note

Not much help on tapatalk but noted for future reference
      Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Thanks Kristy!
        Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

I've never been on Facebook.

Is there another way to do it Please.?
          What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

upload to an external site like photobucket, copy image link and paste it in.
            use a pic off a website (direct website address, not just the page it appears on), hit the picture image above the post window (3rd from right), paste in link. Recon's FB explanation is the same procedure as this.

Comment

Originally posted by ReCon View Post

Thanks Kristy!
              Is that a watch?? Looks awesome! Tell me more about that

Comment

It cost a shit load
                REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                (anarchy in english )

Comment

I stopped looking when I saw the price had a comma in it!

Protip: If your picture link ends in ".jpg" or similar, the pic will probably work.

Comment

Originally posted by Manyak View Post
                    Is that a watch?? Looks awesome! Tell me more about that
                    Here is a link that will give you a few details.

Hublot MP-05 LaFerrari Watch With Power For 50 Days | aBlogtoWatch

I am a bit of a closet Hub fan and this one is just beautiful in my blood-shot eyes, but I doubt we will ever see one in person.

Also , should you have a spare halfa mill or more to spare on a watch , drop by JCB's Forum and say g'day!

The PuristSPro reports and reviews by PuristSPro on wristwatches for collectors, professionals and buyers seeking information on luxury brand watches | Leading source for luxury wristwatch information.
                    Last edited by ReCon; 19-10-2013, 09:57 PM. Reason: done before

Comment

ok , let's see what happens when using a mac addy.

Edit:

Comment

Gah- can't get one of my personal images to paste , no matter what I try.

Am using 10.7.5 on my mac , but unsure if this is my real issue.

Should I use something other than imgur??

Please help a Numpty please Kristy??
                        Last edited by ReCon; 20-10-2013, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Looks like this worked with Tapa talk?

Comment

Originally posted by ReCon View Post
                            Gah- can't get one of my personal images to paste , no matter what I try.

Am using 10.7.5 on my mac , but unsure if this is my real issue.

Should I use something other than imgur??

Please help a Numpty please Kristy??
                            I've had some success with TinyPic

Comment

Originally posted by TROUBLE View Post
                              I've never been on Facebook.

Is there another way to do it Please.?
                              To post personal pics u will need to start a Photobucket or some other image hosting website. Photobucket is easy cos it gives u a direct code to copy including the img tags. If you are posting a random pics you have found online and want to share then same as posted in first post right click image, properties etc. Or if your using newer version of window there is a copy image location option in the right click menu so u can skip going to properties and highlighting the link.
                              B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Working...
                              X