Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Carter - Book release and signing 28/10/13

Monday 28th October 2013

Paul Carter - Bestselling author of Don't tell Mum I work on the rigs.....she thinks I'm a piano player in a whorehouse will be at the City of Joondalup Libraries - Duncraig from 6pm, to release his new book Ride like hell and you'll get there......detours in mayhem.

Copies of Pauls books will be available on the night.

Cost: $3
    Includes refreshments
    Bookings are essential on 9447 9533

I met this bloke a few years ago when he was gearing up for a trip around Oz on a bio-fuel/food scrap powered motorcycle which was developed by some Uni in Sth Australia. He was creating a doco based on his travels..... Always wondered how he went

Genuinely nice bloke
    Rest in Peace
    Brother Ryad

Comment

He lives here in Perth now with his wife and kids.

Comment

He was recently on a 4 or so episode Doco series about Australia on Nat Geo / Discovery (one of them...), I think.
        Cant remember the name of it. Living life on the edge, or something like that from memory.

I know it was TV, but he seemed a pretty likeable character. Read his books too...

Comment

The book about the bio fuel bike is out. I just finished reading it....it's great. Just like Don't Tell Mum was.

I'm in for this.
          Originally posted by tank-wombat
          Geoff seems like a wise man who's soul will slowly be destroyed by the stupidity of some people
          ----------------------------------------
          TRX 850.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty32 View Post
            He was recently on a 4 or so episode Doco series about Australia on Nat Geo / Discovery (one of them...), I think.
            Cant remember the name of it. Living life on the edge, or something like that from memory.
            life on the edge. i saw it advertised, but never realised it was him hosting
            "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

Yeah... He was one of them.
              3 people were hosting different parts, 2 blokes and 1 woman.

I am pretty sure he was one of them anyways. 4 or 6 part series about different places / history of Australia.
              Not a bad series... Some pretty interesting stuff.

His first book was pretty good... Didnt think the second one was on the same level though, wasnt quite as good.

Comment

in like flyn i really enjoyed his books
                A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

Comment

Yeah, read his book on the bio fuel lap of Aus. Titles Is that thing Diesel?

Was a good read. He's quite comical and makes the story interesting.

Comment

if you cant wait till monday....

Come celebrate Paul Carter’s ‘Ride Like Hell and You’ll Get There‘ book release at Planet Books, 636 – 642 Beaufort Street, Mount Lawley, Perth, WA on Thursday 24 October at 6:30 pm
                    "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

I read and enjoyed his first book, this thread prompted me to look for it on the bookshelf to re-read it and I can't find it.

I seem to recall lending it to someone but cant remember who.
                      It's better to be thought stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Pure speed in sixth gear on a 5,000 foot straightaway is one thing, but pure speed in third gear on a gravel-strewn, downhill, ess turn is quite another.
                      Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I read it (on the rigs) when it came out.....then my Mum bought it for me as a birthday pressie (she didn't know I'd already read it).
                        "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it," she once said, "unless I'm thirsty."
                        Madame Lilly Bollinger

Comment

Just bumping this up in case anyone missed it.
                          Originally posted by tank-wombat
                          Geoff seems like a wise man who's soul will slowly be destroyed by the stupidity of some people
                          ----------------------------------------
                          TRX 850.

Comment

booked in, see you lot there tonight
                            A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

Comment

Downloaded it on the ipad last night and started reading it.
                              interesting...
                              Originally posted by Desmogod
                              Nobody was bagging scooters, they were bagging you.

Comment

Working...
                              X