Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Need of the Infinite Wisdom that is PSB.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Need of the Infinite Wisdom that is PSB.

Its a bit of a read but id really appreciate the feed back. And if this is legit or not as it all seems to easy.
    And what really set me off is that fact i said i can move on the price and they where fine with what im asking.

I do also have a address, company name and phone number which dont seem to match.

Ok so im got my bike up for sale of Gumtree.

I got a message back from a guy asking if was still for sale.
    These are the emails that followed.
    ---------------------------
    Subject: Street Triple

Hello Mitchell,

Yes the motorbike is still up for sale.

What would you like to know ?

Ben
    --------------------

Hi mate, thanks for getting back. what's the present condition and final sales price of the bike? Also, when last was it serviced?

Regards,
    Mitchell

------------------------------------

If you look closely at the photos on Gumtree you will see that there is some sun damage to the Tail and indicators.

There is also a dent in the fuel tank ( on the right hand side below the R, insurance guys missed it when it was assessed. ) which i am waiting on being replaced through insurance at the moment.

The bike has been dropped, recently someone tried to steal it and failed and decided to vandalize it instead.

So the whole ignition harness was replaced along with a number of parts down the right side of the motorcycle, and a new seat as that was ruined in the attempt to steal the motorbike.

To be honest i would come down a little from the $9500 but id prefer you to look at the bike and decide on the spot what you think. I have recently had it passed over the pits and registered it for 6 months.

Regards,

Ben

-------------------------------------

Ok mate, I am happy with the bike present condition and ok with the asking price of $9,500. I'm located in Alice Springs NT and that's where the bike is going. Also, my pickup agent will come for pickup of the bike after funds has cleared to your account. Do get back to me with your bank details or your PayPal email address and the address for the bike to be picked after payment has been made and cleared to your account. Thanks.

Regards,
    Mitchell

Where do i go from here ?? Well i go to PSB and ask your opinion.
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Scam - tell him you will accept Cash only from his pickup agent.
    Adventure before Dementia

Comment

It's another scam, ignore it.

Comment

HA HA HA

tell him to shove it and wait for a proper buyer

Comment

Well, don't use Paypal. If he wants to transfer money directly into your account, no problems. If they want to try Paypal.. well, eadc.

You can count the number of times scammers won't use paypal on zero fingers though.
          such comment
          wow
          many post

Comment

Ask him to take a photo of himself holding up todays NT times (Or whatever the local rag is called)
            Originally posted by Desmo
            Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Yer i guessed as much.

The phone number i was given just goes straight to engaged. Looked up the exchange and i doesnt exist.

Bastard got my hopes up.

edit:

Also Google street viewed the house. Its in the dodgy east side of Alice Springs where the roads are still gravel. Where there are 3 barefoot locals walking down the side of the road.
              A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Comment

Never answer Texts or emails about items for sale.

I've just sold an expensive boat and weeded out the scammers, dreamers, and prop spinners.

Phone calls only, Inspections in person. sales in person.

Comment

As a general rule of thumb - if they don't haggle in price, they don't have the money.
                  Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
                  Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

Comment

As soon as you see 'Pickup Agent', alarm bells should be ringing in your head..

How does everyone still not know this!?!

Comment

If nothing else their English certainly seems to be improving........even thrown in a "mate" as they know you're in Australia.

Comment

I put something in my last gumtree ad like "will not sell bike unseen", got one txt that asked if I still had bike, and what was my lowest....but it just happened a mate selling his bike got exactly same txt, I didn't reply.
                        euphoric, ZRX1200R, XSR900, XR400

Comment

TARP!
                          Spiral out, keep going...

Comment

When I sold my old bike - they asked me my lowest price for the trailer....

I LOL'd.

Here are some of the best:

Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
                            Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

Comment

Originally posted by euphoric View Post
                              I put something in my last gumtree ad like "will not sell bike unseen", got one txt that asked if I still had bike, and what was my lowest....but it just happened a mate selling his bike got exactly same txt, I didn't reply.
                              I bet a lot of genuine buyers would ask those two questions straight up.
                              Unless you had "No text, calls only" on the ad it's a reasonable inquiry.
                              Originally posted by Desmo
                              Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Working...
                              X