The Hayfever thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hayfever thread

2 x Polaramine at night + 24hr Beconaise first thing in the morning + Fess during the day + Difflam for the inevitable sore throat + Sudafed when needed. I feel like some sort of junkie
    The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Different strokes for different folks but I start my day with a slice of fresh pineapple and have stopped eating anything made from wheat (only rye bread, no pastry, pasta most breakfast cereals etc) about a month ago.

Doesn't completely stop it but reduces the intensity dramatically for me.

When the easterly's are howling I still drop a tab in the morning to be sure.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Ceterizine and loratadine or however they're spelled. Times many at the moment.

The only time I was free of it was after a series of Cortisone injections spaced over a few weeks. Two glorious years.

Then the doc said "No more", apparently the side effects of skin thinning, osteoporosis blah blah outweighed the convenience of a dry nose.

One year I'll get my shit together and jump on the desensitisation bandwagon.
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

I took tripe strength horseradish and garlic tablets for one season, no more hayfever

Comment

I take vitamin c tablets which seem to help a little.
          The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Comment

Originally posted by BOFH View Post
            2 x Polaramine at night + 24hr Beconaise first thing in the morning + Fess during the day + Difflam for the inevitable sore throat + Sudafed when needed. I feel like some sort of junkie
            Thats about what I take also, fukn sucks hairy balls.

Comment

I just double dose on the 180mg telfast, morning and night, simple and effective. The side effects are blood noses if i don't rehydrate enough.
              Like the one last night at the worst possible time.........
              Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Comment

Originally posted by Geeman View Post
                I just double dose on the 180mg telfast, morning and night, simple and effective. The side effects are blood noses if i don't rehydrate enough.
                Like the one last night at the worst possible time.........
                Just as you were nodding off........... just askin

Comment

Originally posted by trina1 View Post
                  I took tripe strength horseradish and garlic tablets for one season, no more hayfever
                  These also helped me, again I found I needed to start taking them in August. But I am hopeless with regular pill taking.
                  They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by kapyong View Post
                    Just as you were nodding off........... just askin
                    I wish it was then..............
                    Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Comment

PSB Members that have impressive hayfever.

(Phenergan)
                      Originally posted by vk6hgr
                      My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Has anyone tried natural honey. Breakfast, noon and night. And taken orally.

Comment

Originally posted by trina1 View Post
                          I've got to try this...

Comment

Originally posted by Mickwoo View Post
                            Has anyone tried natural honey. Breakfast, noon and night. And taken orally.
                            Is there any other way to take it?

(Sorry, couldn't help being facetious)...

Comment

Rhinocourt, specially because it works and also clears my nose then i can continue inhale real drugs all day and keep my self from entering the realm they call working life.
                              2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
                              2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
                              2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
                              2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
                              2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
                              2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

Working...
                              X