Recommend me a tattooist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a tattooist

Time to get a sleeve piece done - style will be Japanese, probably some sort of Phoenix.

I am looking for an artist who is good at colour and produces great depth and texture.

Anyone had work done at Mark Pinto's in the city?

Anyone got any recommendations and pictures of work by the artist?
    Not my circus, not my monkeys

Have a look in the Tattoos thread. Might find your answer in there.

Comment

Got a link? Search isn't working at the moment
      Not my circus, not my monkeys

Comment

Surely the artist himself would have a portfolio you can browse?

Comment

Originally posted by SH00TA View Post
          Got a link? Search isn't working at the moment
          Nah I don't sorry. Try search PSB through google. Sometimes that yields better results.

Comment

I had this done by Pinto almost 5 years ago, the man knows how to maintain colour, Pic doesn't show the full colour but it's still as vibrant as the day i got it, i also recommend Rory at Foothills Tattoo.
            The man is hard to get a hold of but is world traveled and sort after.

rory - Artists - Foothills Tattoo
            He did my Daughters name across my shoulders and even after 2 years hasn't faded at all.
            I think about sex every tits seconds.

Comment

Suzi Q if she is still around. She worked out of Holdfast Tattoo in East Vic Park.
              Rylies in Osborne Park do great work too.
              __________________________________________________ ____________
              "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Comment

Suzi Q got RSI in her wrist from tattooing so has reduced hours now apparently. Definitely top-notch though.

My sister goes to Gung at Artful Ink Morley, and I go to Mike Van at Artistic Skin Art in Midvale, but I pretty much waste his time by getting a solid black tattoo from knuckles to elbow

Comment

Try Emerald Ink, Scarbs Rd Ossy park.

He does a lot of travelling OS instruction other artists and he is highly rated.

He has a lady artist visiting from Malaysia from 11 Nov to 6 Dec who is 'a wicked artist' according to his wife (whom I work with)

Comment

Another +1 for Mark Pinto.
                    The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Comment

Not that i have many tattoo's............ok thats a lie

Fizz ink, Cherry bomb, 5 Star

Only 3 i would use and have used, Honestly thought the work that come from good studios in bali and Thailand are second to none, You can fly there getting inked spend a week on holiday and still get it cheaper then here in perth, Plus they will do as much as you can handle in 1 session, I sat there drinking tiger beer for 7 hours while some bloke scribbled on me with a needle and he would have been more then happy to keep going, cost me about $350, Albeit i got ink poisoning the next day or was it a hangover, who knows maybe thats why they do short sessions in perth......... oh no its not its cause they are rip off merchants here.
                      2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
                      2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
                      2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
                      2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
                      2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
                      2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

Holdfast Tattoo, SuziQ is awesome if you dont mind the wait.

Nathan has some awesome work aswell. But they have lots of new artists since ive been.

The best thing to do is visit the parlour and look at portfolios and talk to the artist and see if you like them, theyll be stabbing you with needles and sitting next to you for a good few hours.
                        A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by GIXXEN View Post
                          thats why they do short sessions in perth......... oh no its not its cause they are rip off merchants here.
                          Who also have numerous health regulations to abide by, registrations that need to be paid, insurances etc... etc... Which will surely get tougher in the next year or 2.

A good tattooist is worth paying for, though if you would prefer, there are cheaper options.

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy View Post
                            Who also have numerous health regulations to abide by
                            Yeah cause i am sure 110% of the shops in Australia are the definition of health regulations.

There are shitty outfits no matter what country your in, Commonsense and your judgment will usual give a few good signs.
                            2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
                            2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
                            2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
                            2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
                            2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
                            2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

Highly recomend Nikki at Lord of the Skins in Joondalup.

Comment

Working...
                              X