Am I paranoid about Telstra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I paranoid about Telstra?

How come my mobile phone only rings about three times before going to message bank? Fugn annoying and I suspect that since updating my OS, Telstra has somehow resorted to dirty tactics, to get more voicemail calls? Can I extend the ringing period on my phone?
    Justine.... Always and Forever

Yep

Google it. Simple keystroke entry on phone to make it up to 30sex long.

Comment

**61*101**30# [Send]

Comment

I had an old phone a few years back that got repaired and suddenly started this and ended up having to get the Telstra Shop to reset it back to 3 secs, fucking thing wasn't even ringing before going to MB, was the "default" setting apparently
        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
        Originally posted by Phildo
        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
        Originally posted by filbert
        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

YAY....yeah, just punch in that code, as if it is a ph no and press call. I've just unfrustrated three people in five mins. Thanks team.
          Justine.... Always and Forever

Comment

as a side note, its not the number of rings, its a time thing. Most phone companies have a default of 15 seconds, but for some reason Telstra seem to be a short 15 seconds...

Comment

Guessing it's unique codes to each carrier?

Comment

The code is broken down as:
                ** [Country Code] * [Diversion Number] ** [Ring Time in Seconds] #

So for other carriers, change 101 to 121/321 etc.

For Australian carriers, 30 seconds is the maximum before diverting to voicemail.

Comment

Originally posted by padfoot View Post
                  **61*101**30# [Send]
                  Cheers. Now to do something about the fact that half of the time it goes straight to voice mail when at home due to the shitty reception... I think that's one for the real estate thread. Though, it wouldn't hurt if there were more blue tick approved high-end smart phone. Google informs me the HTC OneXL is suitable. The Blue Tick was the reason I bought an iPhone 4 in the first place...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryven View Post
                    Cheers. Now to do something about the fact that half of the time it goes straight to voice mail when at home due to the shitty reception... I think that's one for the real estate thread. Though, it wouldn't hurt if there were more blue tick approved high-end smart phone. Google informs me the HTC OneXL is suitable. The Blue Tick was the reason I bought an iPhone 4 in the first place...
                    have you considered using a repeater?

my phone is rural approved and great signal everywhere until i walk in my front door...

outdoor antenna to a repeater box and i have full bars in the house instead of being offgrid.

something like this 14dBi Multi Band 3G 4G Lpda Antenna Signal Booster Repeater Suit Yagi Buyers | eBay
                    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      have you considered using a repeater?
                      Hoping not to be here all that much longer, if the issue persists once I find a new place, that'll likely be the way to go. And, much the same problem you have, works everywhere but home.

Comment

Working...
                      X