Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone lived in Newcastle (NSW)?

hey all

so i might be having to move to Newcastle in the beginning of next year, and I'm wondering if anyone has spent any time there as i don't know what to expect

the missus is looking at studying at the uni in Callaghan(?) and one thing I'd like to know is which of the suburbs to stay away from? and anything else that may be relevant

cheers
    NEVER KNOWS BEST

Just be prepared to follow The Knights.

Comment

my old man lives there, its not a bad place. there are a few 'luxuries' you wont find in perth like 24 hour shops, and daylight savings. also has a good live music scene, loads of nice beaches with good waves for surfing, and thermals for hang gliding. you can watch big boats and cruise ships in the habour, and there is loads of historic attractions. the fishing is good as well, and the Co-Op on the habour is the best place to buy fresh local fish, or sell your catch.
      the train is about 3 hours fron sydney or about the same by car.

but remember, it is a working class / mining town. and there the not so good areas. also the cars have yellow number plates that look shit.

Comment

Will you actually be working in Newcastle or somewhere close?

Here is Newcastle Uni https://maps.google.com.au/maps?ie=U...&ved=0CI8BEPwS

No idea of the areas around that.

Comment

Working...
        X