Mechanical and legal query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanical and legal query

Hi PSB brain trust, got a car mechanical question related to a legal question.

A friend of mine parked (legally) out the front of her neighbour's house, who is currently in the process of renovating for the purpose of selling up soon.

Apparently he's a grumpy old cunt and makes complaints to their rental agent and generally makes life difficult. The rental agent ignores him as they're within their rights for everything he bitches about.

A few days ago my friend came home to find her car had been moved from out the front of his house. No visible damage to suggest he broke into it, but she has no idea how he's done it. Plenty of other stories of douchebaggery abound.

Firstly, is there any chance of damage to any of the car's components given it was parked in gear with the hand brake on?

Second, despite urging her to contact the police to start putting this all on record, she hasn't yet, but is there anything the cops can do? What recourse does she have to get him to fuck off?

Does he have a forklift it was once done at my old work place...GM's car ontop of the sea containers for the weekend
    Originally posted by Rich...
    You got me in trouble...

Comment

Probably jacked the front and rear up and moved it across.

Comment

I don't know about other peoples cars, but I have had a couple that I could break into in under 30 seconds and push elsewhere. Some things are just not as complicated as people think they are.

Comment

Does she park there often? If so, tell her to park outside her own house, or better yet on her driveway. If he is renovating maybe access was an issue.

I don't know her particular circumstances but people who park on the road (because they legally can) and don't use their driveways for no apparent reason shit me to tears.

Sincerely
          GOC

PS. not the same GOC

Comment

Originally posted by AliastheJester View Post
            I don't know about other peoples cars, but I have had a couple that I could break into in under 30 seconds and push elsewhere. Some things are just not as complicated as people think they are.
            used to freak people out when they locked their keys in their car and i'd unlock it with a piece of metal streetsweeper brush found on the ground or packing strap from the nearby loading dock in under a minute.
            Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

He couldve used roller jacks?

They are generally quite expensive but if he owned a set for some reason, they are very easy to use.
              Originally posted by tank-wombat
              Geoff seems like a wise man who's soul will slowly be destroyed by the stupidity of some people
              ----------------------------------------
              TRX 850.

Comment

She rents with 2 or 3 other people so there's not enough parking spots for everyone. Not that that's an excuse to go fucking with people's belongings.

Comment

i would suppose its like anything you need evidence not the i think hes a cunt theory

she said he said the cops just treat it as a domestic until violence has occurred

you could go to the shopfront lawyer and get some cheap advice but like anything you need to start a log on whats happening and then this would show theres a pattern

or just move out and let someone else deal with it

good luck

Comment

First things first, you should call A Current Affair.

Comment

Originally posted by crowtribe View Post
                      Hi PSB brain trust, got a car mechanical question related to a legal question.

A friend of mine parked (legally) out the front of her neighbour's house, who is currently in the process of renovating for the purpose of selling up soon.

Apparently he's a grumpy old cunt and makes complaints to their rental agent and generally makes life difficult. The rental agent ignores him as they're within their rights for everything he bitches about.

A few days ago my friend came home to find her car had been moved from out the front of his house. No visible damage to suggest he broke into it, but she has no idea how he's done it. Plenty of other stories of douchebaggery abound.

Firstly, is there any chance of damage to any of the car's components given it was parked in gear with the hand brake on?

Second, despite urging her to contact the police to start putting this all on record, she hasn't yet, but is there anything the cops can do? What recourse does she have to get him to fuck off?
                      That's life, some people are born arseholes, ain't no point trying to reason with them and the police won't be interested either.

All you can do is plan some subtle form of retribution and enjoy watching his discomfort.

Paging [MENTION=5421]Phildo[/MENTION]...

Comment

Originally posted by Manyak View Post
                        First things first, you should call A Current Affair.
                        I was thinking Today Tonight, but the basic idea applies...
                        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by Old frt View Post
                          That's life, some people are born arseholes, ain't no point trying to reason with them and the police won't be interested either.

All you can do is plan some subtle form of retribution and enjoy watching his discomfort.

Paging Phildo...
                          As an apprentice grumpy old cunt (ie in training, but progressing well), I'm actually inclined to take the side of my fellow grumpy old cunt.

Your friend is parked her car outside her neighbour's house. Is this a regular thing, or just a once only?

If it’s just a once only then live and let live. Who cares. However, if she’s doing it all the time then of course it’s going to cause trouble.

If it’s happening on a daily basis then there’s going to be grief. Sure, it’s legal, but it's also pissing off the neighbour.

If the neighbour has half a clue then all he has to do is discreetly open your friend's car late one light (very easy to do). Pop the bonnet, remove the oil cap and drop some sand in. Within a few days the problem will be solved, due to your friend no longer having a car that works.

That's if he doesn't just remove the plates from the car, attach them to a similar looking car and having some fun with some speed cameras. That will remove the car from the equation for 30 days.

At least he hasn’t drowned your front yard in weed killer, diesel or anything else that kills plant life. Dead front yards don’t go down too well with house inspections.

Heck, I'm a cliche nerd when it comes to knowing the fine print of the law, but even a selfish prick like me wouldn't consider it reasonable to park my car outside a neighbour's house on a regular basis.

Tip: when renting, don’t rock the boat. Sure, the property manager might not give a shit about it now, but that doesn’t mean that he/she is also going to give the favourable reference that you’ll need some time in the future.
                          One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

I'm inclined to agree with the grumpy cunt. I have neighbors who park all over the place.
                            You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

It's part of a townhouse complex I think and his is the front most. If she parks elsewhere what's stopping that new person from getting pissed off?

Your arguments are all pretty piss poor. It's like those pricks complaining about motorcycle lessons in that empty car park, you all get up in arms, someone parks legally on the side of the road and you shit on them.

I think any permanent damage to her car would end very badly for the neighbour though, as one of the housemates has some scary friends, hence trying to avoid stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                              X