X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swedes develop Invisible bike helmet

Swedes Develop Invisible Bike Helmet
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Blue_Dot

All well and good until you slide. Does exactly what it was designed to do though and prevent impact trauma.

Comment

Thought it was a bunch of B.S. at first. Looks pretty neat and it's probably safer than conventional bike helmets.
      although once it deploys you would most likely need to get a new one regardless if you hit your head or not.

I think it's great! I know plenty of people that don't wear helmets because it messes up their hair....this would be a great addition to the world of bicycle safety!

Comment

I'd prefer to wear a helmet than a scarf, particularly in summer. But I don't have a lot of hair to mess up. I can see it as being a good thing in Scandinavia though.

Comment

Would you trust a country that also gave the world Saabs and ABBA ?

Comment

That's not a helmet. Just saying.

Comment

Great.... For Europe.

Not sure its going to cut the mustard on a 30+deg day in Aus.

Technically quite brilliant though, if it works consistently.
              The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Although i commend their innovation, I can't see it being successful in any hot climate country, especially one with a hole in the ozone layer.
                It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

Next stop air bag hijab
                  Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Invisible helmet?

Scene: Hot looking chick riding pushbike in skimpy summer attire.

Male driver: "Damn, she looks alright!"

Distracted driver.

Crash.
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Scene: Fat & ugly middle aged bloke riding push bike.

Attractive young lady driving car: "Oh god, he's ugly. I don't want to go anywhere near him!"

No crash.

(Unless she's on the iPhone immediately to tell the world about this on Facebook.)
                    One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by lit View Post
                      That's not a helmet. Just saying.
                      +1 More like an airbag Also it's not invisible once it deploys Wouldn't have done me any good when I crashed a couple of weeks back and was sliding along the road looking at the road surface from a few cm away :o
                      #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                      Originally posted by Phildo
                      Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                      Originally posted by filbert
                      i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                      Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Para045 View Post
                        +1 More like an airbag Also it's not invisible once it deploys Wouldn't have done me any good when I crashed a couple of weeks back and was sliding along the road looking at the road surface from a few cm away :o
                        its for bicycles....

not often you rally slide on those when crashing

- - - Updated - - -

really*
                        The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Leave it to women to invent a "helmet" that won't mess up their hair.
                          Having said that, it's a great idea...
                          The faster you go, the slower you age.

Comment

I wonder how hard you have to shove people for it to go off?

..eheheheheheh

Comment

"Tired of strapping ugly, uncomfortable styrofoam-and-plastic turtle shells to their heads"

Wearing a $5 kmart helmet back to front would do that to ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X