Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turntables and Vinyl Records, anyone into that?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turntables and Vinyl Records, anyone into that?!

Is anyone into turntables and vinyl records?!
    Can anyone recommend a good turntable?! Any places to get the records in Perth?!
    The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...
    Magneto Was Right

Originally posted by Abuse this
    Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Thank you very much Mekon, should have probably used the search.....=)
      Magneto Was Right

Comment

No worries, I think I've listed a website of a bloke that does repairs etc up in West Perth should you ever need services like that.

Comment

I have the Robocop soundtrack on Vinyl, I saw it in a second hand shop in Vancouver and carried through the US for 5 weeks. Am I strange?
          My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Ye cheerz, Im just thinking about getting a turn table....probably from jb-hi fi then hitting couple of them shops you listed, and possibly an ebay purchase is in order.....=) great info Mekon

@Professor Redfurn ......no, you are all right
            Magneto Was Right

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Redfern View Post
              I have the Robocop soundtrack on Vinyl, I saw it in a second hand shop in Vancouver and carried through the US for 5 weeks. Am I strange?
              No, you are a legend.

Well done.
              Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
              Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

Comment

If you have no fucking idea about turntables and you want to mix I'll give you one important little tip.
                Buy direct drive.
                That is all.

Comment

My son found two Errol H Tout LPs in our spare room.
                  He reckons they're worth big $$$$$

:-)

edit: in case yr wondering Welcome | Errol H Tout Musician

and he's a brilliant guitar player....
                  Last edited by peter600; 10-11-2013, 03:35 PM.
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Blue_Dot

Comment

If you don't own any records or a turntable, why would you want to "get into it"?
                    Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Originally posted by Sentient View Post
                      If you have no fucking idea about turntables and you want to mix I'll give you one important little tip.
                      Buy direct drive.
                      That is all.
                      Im looking for a beld driven turn table, i dont want to mix, just listen....

Originally posted by rod View Post
                      If you don't own any records or a turntable, why would you want to "get into it"?
                      oh maybe because i am an audiophile and a hipster.......hahaha No, i have bunch of old Russian Rock Band Records from 80s and 90s....

thats what they have at JB Hi-Fi..=)
                      Magneto Was Right

Comment

A place worth checking out for records is Dada Records in Pier St in the CBD, between Hay St and Murray St.
                        They often have old turntables for sale and plenty of good advice and plenty of rare stuff also

Another viable alternative is the Audio Technica LP 120 direct drive turntable. They retail for about $500 but you can get them cheaper if you shop
                        around. It is a really well built unit with everything you need.

Another option is to buy a vintage turntable such as this one I am currently stalking on ebay

Superb Marantz 6110 Belt Drive Turntable | eBay
                        Last edited by Tiger1; 11-11-2013, 04:16 PM.
                        They say money can't buy happiness. But you can use it to buy a Triumph and you never see sad people riding Triumphs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger1 View Post
                          A place worth checking out for records is Dada Records in Pier St in the CBD, between Hay St and Murray St.
                          They often have old turntables for sale and plenty of good advice and plenty of rare stuff also

Another viable alternative is the Audio Technica LP 120 direct drive turntable. They retail for about $500 but you can get them cheaper if you shop
                          around. It is a really well built unit with everything you need.

Another option is to buy a vintage turntable such as this one I am currently stalking on ebay

Superb Marantz 6110 Belt Drive Turntable | eBay
                          The rocker dude upstairs in Dada's is funny. Everytime I go in there after buying records elsewhere I leave them at the counter, he looks through them and proceeds to try and advise if he could have done them cheaper.

Comment

[MENTION=23251]]magneto[[/MENTION] - what's your budget for a turntable?
                            It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

Working...
                            X