Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Booked for 18 over...550 kms east of Norseman!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booked for 18 over...550 kms east of Norseman!!!!

Just ridden a V-Strom back from Melbourne,great run,nice bike,crap weather over east(as usual)left Penong sunday ,border for early lunch,cruising along the level between Eucla and Madura,black dot in the distance puts the discos on!nearly fell off the bike,female officer informs me I was 18kms over,and did I know such speeds were very dangerous.As it was several minutes before another vehicle passed us, I asked her why,Reply"you might hit wildlife".The difference 18 k's would make is a mystery to me,but as she was virtually salivating the whole time,any reason would have done.The male copper with her looked thoroughly embarrassed at her attitude,as well he might,but they dont seem to have any shame at what they are doing.I'm not surprised a friends son left in disgust after 3 yrs, Riding those roads with one eye on the speedo would seem to be infinitely more dangerous,but what would I know. Result:- $150.00 and 2 points

DId they reduce it down a bit cos of your age

You naughty old man !!

Comment

Bloody hoon. Speed kills, etc...
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Yep Eucla coppers don't have much else to keep them entertained. Be grateful SA is now 2 points and $200+ for a 1-10kp/h fine.

The next bike will have cruise control. The one in the car has undoubtably saved my licence many a time.
        The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Cruise control on a bike is a beautiful thing for country cruising. I got pinged in SA with a throttle lock and a hill, never again, last busa had an AP60 on it and the new one has the unit sitting in the garage, awaiting project time to have it fitted.
          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Last time I went thru SA it was fast and I only saw two cop cars...

One parked outside a cop shop and one parked at a road house...

Comment

Originally posted by Corona White View Post
              Be grateful SA is now 2 points and $200+ for a 1-10kp/h fine..
              I heard that recently from someone living there - obviously government coffers are low.
              Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
              Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

Comment

Cool story.

Comment

you could have killed a bus full of school children!!! Think of the children!!!!
                  bloody hoon what were you thinking, you are the problem with society, blah blah blah,

seriously though, they booked you cos it shows thier boss they did something other than eating donuts that day
                  Only dead fish go with the flow

Comment

Originally posted by danb View Post
                    you could have killed a bus full of school children!!! Think of the children!!!!
                    bloody hoon what were you thinking, you are the problem with society, blah blah blah,

seriously though, they booked you cos it shows thier boss they did something other than eating donuts that day
                    In the US cops sometimes parked near doughnut shops in the past because these places served coffee and they were working at night. Some doughnut shops even offered discounts or free products to police to encourage police presence in order to provide a sense of safety to customers. These have never been applicable in Australia and are no longer applicable in the US, as in both coffee is readily available at all kinds of outlets.

If I had to choose whether using this worn-out, foreign cliche makes you look more stupid than does misuse of apostrophes it'd be a close call, but the cliches would have it.

Comment

So... was she saying that you are a danger to the wildlife doing that speed?
                      Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"

Comment

u a cop?

Originally posted by Buffle View Post
                        In the US cops sometimes parked near doughnut shops in the past because these places served coffee and they were working at night. Some doughnut shops even offered discounts or free products to police to encourage police presence in order to provide a sense of safety to customers. These have never been applicable in Australia and are no longer applicable in the US, as in both coffee is readily available at all kinds of outlets.

If I had to choose whether using this worn-out, foreign cliche makes you look more stupid than does misuse of apostrophes it'd be a close call, but the cliches would have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stavtech View Post
                          u a cop?
                          No, just someone with a low tolerance for repetitive mindless drivel.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffle View Post
                            No, just someone with a low tolerance for repetitive mindless drivel.
                            we're all fucked then.......
                            B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Dom he's a cop Dom, he's a cop!

Originally posted by Mr_Mike View Post
                              we're all fucked then.......

Comment

Working...
                              X