This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont argue with Coolgardie coppers - Fog lamps

"Really officer, $100 bucks for the Imprezas fog lamps on during the day? The sign out of Kal said to put my lights on for safety"

Seriously, bright sunny day and oncoming traffic is going to get dazzled by my fog lamps when they only light up the front of the car... I call bullshit, and bullshit law.

Copper let me off, but cmon what a load of shit.

Your thoughts? Dangerous visibility issue or just another fucked up law.
    Its all good on Ducati's

Was there fog?

Comment

Silly question , but on a bright sunny day, why do you need your fog lights on at all? Just causs it makes the front of your car look more asthetically pleasing?

If ypu put your lights on for.other drivers too see you better, youd think park lighs no?
      Originally posted by DailyBanana
      That little girl likes her pizza more than you like people

Comment

Personally, nothing pisses me off more than people driving around with foglights on.

I have fairly sensitive eyes, as I always wear sunnies, so any high-beams or foglights fucking hurt. Day or night.

I think warnings suffice, shouldn't be a fine considering as a whole it is a pretty minor offence though.

I think the issue is a lot of people have them on just to look cool. Foglights aren't practical/needed in WA.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
          Was there fog?
          Of course not.

Heres my point in a different way:

Do you use your laptop on your lap?
          Do you swallow your tablet PC?

Some forward facing lights are a far cry from the super bright yellow things from yesteryear.
          Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

its the stupid red light that comes on at the back when you turn on your fog lights that annoys people.

extra driving lights or headlight during the day/night arent an issue.

highbeams during the day are also annoying.

Comment

i dunno, anytime you get let off i reckon is a win

top bloke that cop
              I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server15....1280.1280.jpg

Yep, high beams and rear fog lamps = dazzling and dangerous. But what is essentially a lower headlight, angled further downwards:

Biatch Pleeeeeeze.
                Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

ever seen the stupid dick that has one headlight that's not set correctly?
                  It looks like one headlight is actually on highbeam and annoying as fuck....even though it's a low beam.
                  Those fog lamps and set to point straight forward with no lensing away from your eyeballs.
                  Just turn the fuckers off to stop pissing people off and also you won't get pulled over.

I mean ffs YOU'RE driving the vehicle........YOU CAN'T SEE THEM!
                  I think about sex every tits seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Phat109 View Post
                    ever seen the stupid dick that has one headlight that's not set correctly?
                    It looks like one headlight is actually on highbeam and annoying as fuck....even though it's a low beam.
                    Those fog lamps and set to point straight forward with no lensing away from your eyeballs.
                    Just turn the fuckers off to stop pissing people off and also you won't get pulled over.

I mean ffs YOU'RE driving the vehicle........YOU CAN'T SEE THEM!
                    Fair call and I've had my copper warning. I won't be using them.

That said I still think its just another bullshit law when no harm is done to the world in this instance.
                    Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

ROAD TRAFFIC CODE 2000 - REG 183
                      183 . Using fog lights

(1) The driver of a vehicle fitted with a front or rear fog light shall not operate the front or the rear fog light unless the driver is driving in fog or other hazardous weather conditions causing reduced visibility.

The law is pretty clear... Fog lights are for fog.

I'd say the copper was a top bloke for not giving you a $100 fine...

Comment

He should have impounded the car and then crushed it just to make sure you couldn't do it again. The Coolgardie cops have gone soft and they use to be such pricks.

Idiots use them day and night and particularly at night they dazzle, yet offer no useful driving light.

Comment

Does it take any longer to put dip beam on? Seems an easy fix to prevent a fine and not piss off other drivers. Wish more would take the hint. Why is it that impressa drivers seem go to the trouble of turning them on non foggy days?

Comment

Change the bulbs to LED's, now they are Daytime Running Lights which are legal

Comment

Originally posted by Graelin View Post
                              Why is it that impressa drivers seem go to the trouble of turning them on non foggy days?
                              Because they present like headlamps, are essentially a driving light and can be used independently of the rear fog lamp.

If its there and you want to use a feature of your car that does no harm to others, whats the big deal....

Seriously, the front foglamps on most cars these days are merely pissweak driving lights.
                              Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

Working...
                              X