Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make a wish opens San Francisco to Batkid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make a wish opens San Francisco to Batkid.

Make-A-Wish Foundation Turns San Francisco Into Gotham for 5-Year-Old Batkid | Underwire | Wired.com

SAN FRANCISCO – Meet the Bay Area’s Caped Crusader. He’s five years old, likes to wear costumes, loves superheroes, and his secret identity is Miles. Since he was one, he has also been fighting leukemia. When the Make-A-Wish Foundation asked him what he wanted, he said his one wish was fight crime, just like his hero Batman. So today, Miles — aka Batkid — got his wish when thousands of people showed up in San Francisco and turned it into Gotham City.

My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

That is fuckin awesome.

The Yanks can piss me off with all the loud overblown carry on they love, but when it gets focused on something like this - well they do it better than anyone.

A little bit of cynic died in me today
    It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

Truly is a feel good moment. Huge warm fuzzies reading about it previously, then seeing it happen. The kid's face is reward enough.
      Originally posted by vk6hgr
      My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Fucking wankers.

*sniff*

Comment

they arrested the riddler not the joker
          get the facts right typical reporters
          sigpic

Comment

there seems to be a bit of this over there lately, there was one in the news where a kid said he wanted to make it to xmas but probably wouldnt.. so in halloween, they made it xmas in the town centre and gave him his own parade good to see some good in the world still

Comment

a small effort by a great many.

it doesn't take much people, just remember how much influence you can have on someone's life, and make that a positive one.
              The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Did you notice in the vid that the guy was reporting live from Gotham City?
                Originally posted by vk6hgr
                My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

What a beautiful thing. There are still good people in the world and they have just made that little boy's life!
                  Originally posted by tank-wombat
                  Geoff seems like a wise man who's soul will slowly be destroyed by the stupidity of some people
                  ----------------------------------------
                  TRX 850.

Comment

Working...
                  X