"The good butcher thread"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The good butcher thread"

My brother who lives in Carlisle has a butcher not far from his house that does (Brother says) a great spicy Tex Mex sausage, he tried getting some as I was going over for a bbq, however there were none left so he got the Mongolian Lamb, these were very nice.

My question is, as I live in the vicinity of Cockburn Central, are there any butchers in this area that can help with the supply of similar sausage goodness???
    Last edited by Shakey; 21-11-2013, 01:10 PM.
    "It moved"

I'm going to threadjack because I love some good sausages too. Anyone know of anything in the western suburbs?
    I'm also chasing a reliable supplier of shanks. Proper tender, chunky shanks rather than the austere rubbish you get at Coles.

Edit: I petition for this to be renamed "The good butcher thread"
    Originally posted by Desmo
    Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Best place I know for sausages is Dubrovniks in Bayswater - fabulous!

Check out my 1198s Corse SE in the garage: Desmosedici Ohlins forks, magnesium wheels, Ohlins TTX rear shock, Kyle racing link, alloy subframe, carbon fairing stay, ceramic coated Termi full systen, PCV, lots of carbon & titanium.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post
        I'm going to threadjack because I love some good sausages too. Anyone know of anything in the western suburbs?
        I'm also chasing a reliable supplier of shanks. Proper tender, chunky shanks rather than the austere rubbish you get at Coles.

Edit: I petition for this to be renamed "The good butcher thread"
        No sweat Commander
        "It moved"

Comment

I love a good Sausage!!

Unfortunately I cant help you with anything SOR (wouldnt eat anything from SOR, unless she looked like Jen Hawkins, I knew she wasnt from Rocko and knew she didnt have children!), but there are a couple good options Inner City NOR and arent tooooo far away if you are around Carlisle.

First up, Crimea Quality Meats - Western Australia's Sausage Kings - The Sausage king, on Crimea St in Morley / Noranda. Good sausages and he always has a few funky flavoured ones around.

Failing either of those, Dubrovnik Butchers in Bayswater do some good sausages and continental type meats.

Failing those again, Elmars on Beaufort St in Mt Lawley offer good German & Polish Sausages (Weiners & Kransky's and whatever other names they throw about) in a few flavours. Often have sauerkraut & other pickled condiments to go with and on Saturday mornings cook their sausages up for you to buy with a roll (onions, sauerkraut, sauces & mustards etc). Do some nice pork too!

Its a little further afield, but for a good traditional British Cumberland sausage, I find it pretty hard to go past Star of the North Butchers in Currambine shopping centre. Do a heap of British type meats. Good stuff!

I know that Torre Butchers on Bulwer Street do some different types and cuts of meat too (black pud etc), but cant say I have tried the Sausages. Good butcher all the same, though.

Comment

Not sure if they have anything fancy but the butcher off Swansea Street in Vic Park are open to the public on Fridays and Saturdays i think it is.

They do bulk meat for cheap but you have to cut it up yourself, you also get to choose the quality. Pretty good value for money at like 20.00 for almost 2 kilos of sirloin.
            A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Comment

Have you tried Tony Ale's

they have an excellent butcher in there and there is a good chance they have custom sausages as well.

Fresh Food Market Perth, Organic Food Perth, Western Australia, Fresh Fruit & Vegetables Perth, WA, Retail & Wholesale Fruit & Vegetable Supplier - Tony Ale & Co

the have a Butcher a Deli and Baker, Major fish shop in the next building and all quality.
              Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

The butchers in Livingston Shops is awesome does great ribs and huge steaks. Ryans Meats in the back of Cockburn Central is pretty good aswell. Can buy a big slab of porterhouse meat for about $80 and cut it into steaks urself.
                B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Weirs butchers in the Broadway Nedlands shops are excellent. Fresh rabbits regularly, huge freerange and organic chickens and red meat of much variety.

For sausage lovers, they have many. My favourite is the smoked Chorizo.
                  The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

For those that dont mind buying bigger cuts in bulk (again, NOR) I have purchased fillets from both

About & Australian Beef Products, Meat Products, National Beef Distributor & Bulk Beef Packages - Avon Valley Beef Western Australia

Buy in bulk, save $$ or you just get better quality cuts for your money. Both are pretty good... If we get something from Avon Valley, the missus cuts it down and repackages it, or if you ask nicely at the beefshed, they'll cut it and repackage it for you. Both of them sell chicken, pork, lamb and seafood too (and probably more!).

Edit: Last couple threads have me needing sausages, a nice steak and a good beer!

Comment

actually, the "mad butcher" sausages at the spud shed are pretty good
                      of course that's not where I say I got them
                      the secret is to have a good story (generally involving a small, but complicated in the telling, favour carried out for someones ethnic grandmother)
                      Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumfun4me View Post
                        Best place I know for sausages is Dubrovniks in Bayswater - fabulous!
                        Their chilli sausages wiped the smile off Mr Daise's face. It was a glorious occasion.

Of course, you can't go past Mondo's in Mt Lawley for quality gourmet meat.
                        Originally posted by vk6hgr
                        My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

If you are close to Cockburn central go for a quick blast to willeton on Apsley street across the road from the primary school is a small shopping centre with a brilliant butcher, great service great quality. Sorry I cant remember the name.

Comment

NOR Butchers Perth, Butcher Shop WA, Gourmet Meats Perth, Meat Suppliers Duncraig, Carine, Warwick, Online Butchers Perth, Western Australia - Torre & Mordini Gourmet Meats These guys do great meat with plenty of gourmet prepared stuff, sausages are good, but not their specialty.
                            SOR Canningvale city markets butcher. Good for basic raw meats and some sausages.

But especially for sausages, Dubrovniks or Crimea quality meats.
                            Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

+1 for Wiers in Nedlands. A Mate of mine worked there for a number of years and always had the best BBQ's
                              Sebastian's in Kalamunda have some great fresh smallgoods made on the premises.
                              RR VRT #100
                              Sponsors Wanted.
                              Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
                              A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

Working...
                              X