Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antarctic expedition

Hi guys,

My friend is a photographer and would like to travel to Antarctica. I have opted to tag along and would appreciate it if someone here has made the journey and could share their own experiences or advice?

What company did you travel with? What did you do? Anything at all really :-)

Cheers,

Chris

What was One Man Epics username here??? He'd be your best bet for some advice! The psycho did it on his own!

Edit: [MENTION=14730]officer down[/MENTION] not sure if he still frequents the site though..

Comment

Originally posted by Manyak View Post
      What was One Man Epics username here??? He'd be your best bet for some advice! The psycho did it on his own!

Edit: officer down not sure if he still frequents the site though..
      have we heard anything since Libya?

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
        have we heard anything since Libya?
        moved to Esperance to be a farmer I believe....
        euphoric, ZRX1200R, XSR900, XR400

Comment

And he did the Arctic, not Antarctic.
          Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Antarctica Flights - Antarctica

Comment

Originally posted by AAA Super Roo Charters View Post
              That's ok if you only want to fly over it...

I was hoping to go there in 2015 for a scuba diving holiday - that's looking less likely now as I don't think my funds will allow it.

I was looking at joining an organised tour with a group from Perth Scuba - the cost is just shy of $14,000, so it ain't cheap. But it would be a once in a lifetime experience.

The trip that Perth Scuba have planned sees the group fly to Buenos Aires, then down to Ushuaia where you get on a boat, which you live on for 10 days. The boat has several zodiacs, which are used for diving and for trips ashore. After the 10 days, do the whole journey in reverse.

This is who Perth Scuba are going there with.

Comment

Cheers guys, Yeah I've seen some prices I'm looking at 2015 as well.... :S oh well, I'll give it a shot. The plan is to get in close, maybe I'll give the expedition groups a call and see what they offer. The scuba trip would have been fantastic!

Comment

This guy has been going there for years...

Skip Novak's Pelagic Expeditions Antarctica, Greenland, South Georgia, Cape Horn, Southern Ocean -- charter sailing yacht Pelagic, photographs, articles

Comment

I've got a couple of friends who left just yesterday I think, believe they are off on a G-adventures tour or similar. Fly to BA, Argentina - then down to Patagonia (which is meant to be amazing by itself) then boat down to Antarctica.

Don't know how much time you actually get on land - some of them have none, some only have a couple of days.

Comment

Hmm definitely looks like an adventure that one!

Comment

Originally posted by =Stevo= View Post
                        I've got a couple of friends who left just yesterday I think, believe they are off on a G-adventures tour or similar. Fly to BA, Argentina - then down to Patagonia (which is meant to be amazing by itself) then boat down to Antarctica.

Don't know how much time you actually get on land - some of them have none, some only have a couple of days.

Thanks man ill check it out.. Yeah I believe there's only a couple of days in the year were it's decent enough to get on land.

Comment

I'm sailing down there December this year, on a 100 year old square rigged tall ship. The photos I've seen so far are very impressive. Think it's going to be an awesome trip. Google/ Facebook bark Europa. It's roughly 8000 euro for 34 days. Includes pretty much everything except your bar bill. It leaves from the Falkland islands returns to Ushuaia which is a bit of a pain but do able.

Comment

Working...
                          X