Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underwater photos for/by Desmo and Captain Starfish

I'll start.

Lying on the ocean floor looking up at this school of Old Wives (Enoplosus armatus) I am treated to a moment where the school have created their very own jetty pylon.

Their unfortunate common name refers to the sound made when a fish is caught on a fishing line. I wonder if the plural of the common name should be 'Old Wifes' instead?

As shown the visibility down at Rapid Bay is still very good even with some recent bad weather. This site holds up very well to periods of bad weather from the west through to the south which will be our most common type of 'weather' as we head into summer.

Photo: Robert Rath, ‘Day 692, A Pile of Old Wives', 1/60s f/14 ISO640 15mm
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

That wouldn't have happened without a CCR

Comment

Maybe, I can still see the pixels bubbles pylon "above" and behind the fish...

Pretty shot. Some of our local guys n gals are winning awards all over the place, WA Underwater Photography Society is churning out some good stuff!
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Possibly the greatest photo ever taken.

Encompasses four things I have a passion for in one frame. It is even in B & W so can be called art.

They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

If you haven't heard of Clark Little, you are missing out on a lot.

He is the only reason I have instagram, his daily photos keep me sane.

Comment

Random pictures of me, cheap cameras.

Boring landscape but I like the shot:

Favourite:

Comment

Here are some of mine, lifted from Facebook so apologies for the compression.

This is one of my favourite shots, natural lighting during a late dive. It's just a pity the subjects aren't in focus

Last edited by Desmo; 04-12-2013, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Comment

Stunning likeness!

8)
                  We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars, but we won't. We're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off - Fight Club

Comment

Dis is some of the stuff I do underwater

Damn...do Flickr links not work??!!

Comment

[MENTION=7864]Sventek[/MENTION], there are a number of underwater photography Facebook pages if you want to have a look.

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot this one.

Comment

Not a photo by me, but a photo of me... I love this shot of me at the entrance to Chac Mool Cenote near Tulum, Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by BenG View Post
                            Chac Mool Cenote near Tulum, Mexico.
                            No one gives a shit, you know that right?
                            Especially not me, not at all.

Comment

Green really isn't your colour Jim...

Comment

Working...
                              X