This is Concerning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is Concerning.

So i read this today and thought holy crap.

You are now entering Sharia law Britain: As Islamic extremists declare a Sharia law zone in a London suburb, there are worrying social and moral implications | Mail Online

After reading it i was a little enraged and thought id like to hear some opinions on this. Not the fuck all religion stuff i mean actual thought out responses to a issue that may one day confront us here in Australia.

My opinion : Extremists are bad news in any race, religion or creed and they can cause a lot of havoc. But they get their time in the sun and fizzle out eventually.
    As for the Sharia law thing well i think something that doesnt let you listen to the music you enjoy and lets you beat a women for not doing what you say isnt law or justice, it is anarchy.
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Not anarchy, or it wouldn't be "illegal" for the woman to fight back.
    Originally posted by Skut
    ...the problem is that no-one wants to listen to an expert, just to have their own position/circumstance supported or be acknowledged.

Comment

A pretty Shiite way of life unless you're a male Muslim...
      Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

that article was written in 2011.

Comment

We'll that will teach me to not look at the date.

My question still stands, there are examples of sharia law being used in Australia. And I'd like to hear some opinions on the subject.
          A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tic View Post
            After reading it i was a little enraged and thought id like to hear some opinions on this. Not the fuck all religion stuff i mean actual thought out responses to a issue that may one day confront us here in Australia.
            Fuck all religion.

Comment

i think the so called risks of sharia law encroaching on western society are greatly exaggerated by the usual anti-muslin brigade.

some of the pathetic "news" outlets in Australia publish articles quite frequently that are nothing more than thinly veiled (see what i did there) attempts to incite hatred towards muslims. they cause a stir for a little while, then everyone forgets about it again until the next excuse to rile up against the savages.

so in essence, meh.

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
                i think the so called risks of sharia law encroaching on western society are greatly exaggerated by the usual anti-muslin brigade.

some of the pathetic "news" outlets in Australia publish articles quite frequently that are nothing more than thinly veiled (see what i did there) attempts to incite hatred towards muslims. they cause a stir for a little while, then everyone forgets about it again until the next excuse to rile up against the savages.

so in essence, meh.
                ha ha at last someone who thinks the same as me on media isssues in this country
                whatever the issues it's good to ask yourself now what is REALLY going on here
                as for law changes thru social change its still a form of people power so will sort itself out
                thru the old survival o the fittest or some polly will just bring in a law to help either side of argument
                .....on a personal note.....r u married shmoo????????????

Comment

, there are examples of sharia law being used in Australia.
                  Do any of those examples include Sharia law being imposed by a non-state group. What rules people choose to follow for cultural reasons is their own business, once those rules start being imposed separate to those of the state then that group is in effect trying to rival the state. In a modern state, the state is the only group that can legislate and enforce laws, anyone that tries to fulfil that role is quickly going to find themselves on the wrong side of the law.
                  Other than that, what Shmoo said, it's just a distraction.

Comment

Originally posted by AliastheJester View Post
                    Do any of those examples include Sharia law being imposed by a non-state group. What rules people choose to follow for cultural reasons is their own business, once those rules start being imposed separate to those of the state then that group is in effect trying to rival the state. In a modern state, the state is the only group that can legislate and enforce laws, anyone that tries to fulfil that role is quickly going to find themselves on the wrong side of the law.
                    Other than that, what Shmoo said, it's just a distraction.

There were actually a couple of years ago quite a few examples of this happening in Western Sydney. While I do agree that the media beats a lot of stuff up and at times does try and incite racial hatred or xenophobia to please the masses there are groups out there that believe their way is better than the agreed laws of the country they live in. This isnt just Islamic beliefs but that is the current focus and what the article was written about.
                    Men have motorcycles while women have menstrual cycles, you can't talk to either while they are on it. The women's also has a sound, it goes nag-na-nag-nag-nag, biiiiiitch-bitch-biiiiiiiitch!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      A pretty Shiite way of life unless you're a male Muslim...
                      I see what you did there
                      I came here to drink milk and kick arse... And I'm all out of milk

Comment

We'll that will teach me to not look at the date.

My question still stands, there are examples of sharia law being used in Australia. And I'd like to hear some opinions on the subject.
                        What are these examples you speak of? I currently know of none.

Comment

Originally posted by Sentient View Post
                          What are these examples you speak of? I currently know of none.
                          Four found guilty over sharia law whipping - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

The point I was trying to make is that in cases like this, yes they can claim to be following shariah law, but they have no legal authority in Australia to do so. If they try imposing their laws they are seen as criminals. Then our police and courts will sort them out.
                          Most of the cases of shariah being followed are in things like inheritance and divorce, it is more a matter of following cultural traditions than anything actually legal. Everyone involved would need to agree to go through the process, and if they disagree with anything they could challenge it in normal courts anyway. The normal Australian legal process would also need to be followed for it to be officially recognised. Most Muslim groups stress the need for obeying Australian law, with Islamic laws and traditions being followed where it is compatible with Australian laws.

The whole issue is a storm in a teacup, these groups simply don't have the power to rival the state and are unlikely to in the future. It is just a media beatup that plays on peoples fears and intollerance.

Comment

Shari Law Controlled Zones in Britain - Internet Rumour

When an article sounds pretty bullshittish or even just overly sensationalist, its generally a good idea to put it into google first.
                            Can you help with foster care?
                            http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
                              Shari Law Controlled Zones in Britain - Internet Rumour

When an article sounds pretty bullshittish or even just overly sensationalist, its generally a good idea to put it into google first.
                              Well done on tapping into an open net.
                              Originally posted by Ferris
                              I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

Working...
                              X