X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The future of personal travel?

I hope so!

e-volo | VC200 – the first Volocopter to carry two people
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

I clicked on this thread expecting some introspective on the future of personal travel and its economic doom through higher energy costs green house etc etc and its impact of this on the modern society and how they live and may live in the future. Wasn't quiet what I was expecting .
    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Interesting. Seems it would be rather easy to fly.

I was wondering how It worked steering wise..

"The propellers generate the entire ascending force, and by means of a selective change in rotary speed they simultaneously take care of the steering. Furthermore, as opposed to helicopters, no mechanical pitch control of the propellers is necessary whatsoever.

The automatic position control and the directional control take place by means of several independent and mutually monitoring airborne computers which control the rotation speed of each drive separately."

Comment

Since Sventek posted it, we are allowed to get into tech details?
        I wonder how long it can fly for?
        Yaw and direction is changed by varying the speed on the individual motors? The blades don't seem to be pitch adjustable? Would be slightly slow to respond? Can you imagine the complexity of the "flight assist" system to compute all of that!
        I would love to see the thing do an on the spot 180 degree rotation, I cannot fathom how that is possible with the rotors only in a horizontal layout.
        Sventek got info?
        I live with fear everyday, but sometimes, she lets me race!

Comment

What's the price tag? It would need to be a fair bit less than a new R22.

Comment

All that info is on the web page, [MENTION=30012]Scorcher[/MENTION].
            "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

Recirculation?
              FEADCinc, PSB?

Comment

The future of personal travel? Not a chance. Neat new toy for people with too much money? Sure.

Comment

I'm not really smart enough to appreciate the technology in this volocopter but I can say I'm SUPER impressed with that hanger! Holy heck that is an incredible space. If the quality of that hanger build is any indication of the money that is being put into R&D for the volo then I'm sure it will just be a matter of time before it is a raging success.

Comment

I thought it read "volvocopter"!

Comment

Originally posted by fincl View Post
                      I thought it read "volvocopter"!
                      When it originally went through PSB live I read it velociraptor. You can understand my disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                      X