Indo vs. Aussies - War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indo vs. Aussies - War

Can anyone provide an insight into what a war between Indonesia and Australia would look like and what a projected outcome would be?

I'm thinking the Indo's would have it on numbers alone.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Go.
    Last edited by Gippo; 24-11-2013, 07:07 PM.
    Its all good on Ducati's

Australia has a modern air force and blue water navy. Indonesia doesn't.
    Do I even need to bother trying to look at the difference between our troops?

Comment

char
      Last edited by Belltower; 24-11-2013, 07:22 PM.
      FEADCinc, PSB?

Comment

Ten times the population and civilians practicing military training on a daily basis....

If they manage to find a way here en masse we can only hope the bodies stack up too high for them to climb over at the borders.

They've had some practice at sneaking in already.
        Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

And just where do you think the Yanks would fit into these theories?

Comment

They'd have the rest of NATO deny them fuel and food and it would be over within a week.
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

It will never happen. It's just a whole lot of political dick swinging with both sides knowing they're still allied deep down.

In other news, I can't believe how much people on here buy in to sensationalist media dribble.

Comment

but hey, lets keep going to bali and sending them money shall we?
                “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Indonesia's ranked 15. We are ranked 23rd..
                  Global Firepower Military Ranks - 2013
                  :stupid:

Comment

Originally posted by Manyak View Post
                    It will never happen. It's just a whole lot of political dick swinging with both sides knowing they're still allied deep down.

In other news, I can't believe how much people on here buy in to sensationalist media dribble.
                    I love the media beat up over a couple of hundred (at most) protesters. A large political rally in Indo is in the hundreds of thousands. Hell there are more than 9 million people just in Jakarta, mass demonstrations would be pretty impressive.

Comment

Aus would woop them. Easily...
                      PSN- DOOOM666

Comment

Exactly.. And doesn't anyone wonder why all the protesters are wearing red camo? When the major political factions over there are colour coded (red & green iirc).

Having been to Jakarta and surrounds a few times, I can quite confidently say the attitude towards Australia's in generally very positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Stinky View Post
                          Aus would woop them. Easily...

Pretty much... except it wouldn't even be us whooping them.

Within 48 hrs, there would be a US carrier task force there and they'd be getting the crap bombed out of them by Superhornets (ANZUS pact: tldr - If the US or Australia are attacked we're pretty much obligated to help each other out)
                          Last edited by thro; 24-11-2013, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Indo vs. Aussies - War

Tbh if war broke out I don't even think it would play out like that. I think 'the allies' would swarm Indo and keep them from being able to do any real damage. Contain it all and just stop any attempted offencives.

Indo is too important a long term ally IMO.

Comment

also, who would win in a fight between an adult moose and a hundred ibises? note: the moose has just eaten and just wants to rest for a while, but the ibises are poorly organised.

Comment

Working...
                              X